Chris C-S

Ideas / Thoughts / WIP

Hi all, 

As stated previously I am entering thus year's KITH. My first thought and initial planning was to do a Harry Potter wand/dagger/needle. The only issue was once I received a 1:1 resin copy I found out that this is not viable as the shaft of the wand is a mere 12mm across and tappers from there. This would be too small in my opinion. Anyone have any thoughts on this? 

@Wesley Alberson

My back up plan is to forge my first ever dagger. Something crusader'y / King Arthur / Artorius (Roman version) however see that this is already being done. Does anyone have any objections if I jump in on this band wagon? I am a huge King Arthur / Artorius.

Thanks, 

Chris. 

You'll have to get with Jeremy Blohm and make sure he doesn't want to do the king Arthur dagger. He had mentioned it. 

No one cares at all if you jump on the band wagon... :mellow: Let me rephrase that: you are welcome to jump the band wagon :lol: . Just do the very best work you can; that's half of the fun (at least for me). 

This next question is not meant to discourage. Are you actually prepaired to make a blade that long and complicated? That's not meant in any other way than: Should you pick a smaller blade? King Arthur supposidly cleaved a witch clean In two with his dagger. I just don't want you trying to forge a magnificent short sword only to be dissapointed. This goes for the others as well. Don't set yourself up for failure. I am a believer that you can do anything you set your mind too; I just hope you guys have enough time for trial and error. 

What about ceremonial blades, or small daggers used in deciept, or embued with ancient spell runes giving them the power to...too.....toooooo, to do something magical (an stuff ^_^ ). You are also welcome to the band wagon of writing a short legend to go with it. Although, magic themed is more than enough. You could make it look old, put remnents of a language that may or may not exist, give it cool textures, or symbolic type images. 

If you need any help; bounce some ideas off us, or PM me (I'm perty good at ideas, and tieing things together). 

Good luck!

I have abandoned the idea so by all means make the dagger. I have plans for something else.;)

• Like 1

Or a big-assed Pugio, if you're going with Roman Arthur...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Alan Longmire said:

Or a big-assed Pugio, if you're going with Roman Arthur...

That'd be awesome! I somehow missed "(Roman version)". Sounds like a pretty badass idea Chris! 

Pugio sounds like a goer. It'll be my first dagger of sorts and I was hoping to base it loosely on a historical Pugio, however give it more of a horse based theme given the Roman Arthurian Legend and myths. 

Thanks for the advice @Alan Longmire