• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
Tiaan Burger

Two higonokami friction folders

I have these two higonokami friction folders available on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/tiaanburgermetalart

Should you wish to purchase but do not want to go through Etsy, send me a private message.

• The copper handled one with the rose is priced at US$300, add $30 for shipping via courier.
  • The iron handled one with the bunny is priced at $450, add $30 for shipping via courier.

Yes, airmail is cheaper, but it takes up to six weeks, during which time I am worried sick.  With the courier I can track the package from point to point, and it takes five to seven days.

Specs for the copper handled folder:
The blade is made of Bohler's K510, differentially hardened and tempered for tough blade with a hard edge.
Handle length: 3 3/4" (95mm)
Blade lenght: 3 1/8" (80mm)
Blade width: 5/8" (16mm)

DSCF5491.JPGDSCF5493.JPGDSCF5503.JPGnanako.jpg

Specs for the iron handled folder:

Blade length: 3 3/16" (80mm).
Blade width: 17/32" (13.5mm)
Blade material: W1 tool steel, differentially hardened and tempered, hand rubbed finish

Handle length: 3 3/4" (94mm)
Handle materials: Wrought iron, sterling silver, fine silver, bronze pin.
Techniques used: hon-zogan, nunome-zogan

DSCF5478.jpgDSCF5470.jpgDSCF5471.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to look at my work.