Sign in to follow this  
DanielQ

Latest engraving I did for Roger Bergh.

Engraving a couple of new steel tags for another Roger Bergh and SaraMi axe. And noticed that this part of the forum has been quiet for a while.. Hope this will liven it up a bit :D

20180204_094918.jpg

27751671_958966917593407_5831205559591837989_n.jpg

27972581_958965780926854_7939599174324914665_n.jpg

28055692_958966920926740_4538959882826157056_n.jpg

• Like 2

Very well done sir! I like the two tone between the brass and steel especially. I've been slobbering over a Lindsey graver for a while and hope to buy with in the month.  

Edited by Jonathan Silas

Love the engraving Daniel! It complements Mr. Burgh's work very well. 

This is one of those things I've always wanted to try. It's nice to have someone who knows their way around a graver as good as you do here! 

7 hours ago, Jonathan Silas said:

Very well done sir! I like the two tone between the brass and steel especially. I've been slobbering over a Lindsey graver for a while and hope to buy with in the month.  

Thanks Jonathan and everyone else :D! Actually, the brass has very little brass in it. But significant amounts of gold ;D

I use a Lindsay Classic myself and I can only give it good reviews. Tried both Enset and GRS (and a super-wonky Turkish copy of a Lindsay, but that's a different story). But I still feel the Lindsay is like the Rolls Royce. Hope you get one also :), they are beautifully done and really useful.

47 minutes ago, DanielQ said:

Thanks Jonathan and everyone else :D! Actually, the brass has very little brass in it. But significant amounts of gold ;D

I stand very embarrassingly corrected lol  I actually thought it might have been then said nahh it's probably not... 

I've been on a maniacal hunt for videos and reviews, I got to play with an older Grs and an artisan and was really impressed with how well it did. I haven't talked to a single Lindsey owner that didn't love it. It's a huge investment considering my annual income but I really think I could make a go at it.  Again beautiful work sir.

1 hour ago, Jonathan Silas said:

I stand very embarrassingly corrected lol  I actually thought it might have been then said nahh it's probably not... 

I've been on a maniacal hunt for videos and reviews, I got to play with an older Grs and an artisan and was really impressed with how well it did. I haven't talked to a single Lindsey owner that didn't love it. It's a huge investment considering my annual income but I really think I could make a go at it.  Again beautiful work sir.

Have you checked http://www.engraverscafe.com/forumdisplay.php?1-Hand-Engraving-Forum

Like Lindsey's forum it is full of info and advice and the members use all types that are good.

• Thanks 1

Beautiful work!  Question:  Do you use foot control or palm control on that Lindsay Classic?

Daniel I have been sadly distracted this year and missed this. I love the Swedish flavor of your engraving and how it complements Roger's work.

Jim

Oh that axe is awesome!