Sign in to follow this  
Dan Bourlotos

Finally, a Knife For Me

Right when I moved to Kentucky, I purchased my first belt grinder and promptly went to ruin the first several knives I made breaking it in. One in particular, was my first foray into W2, which I ground to thin and had the edge crack in several places after ht. I chucked it in my scrap pile and didn't give it a second glance until about a month ago when I decided that maybe I could re profile and regrind it into something serviceable. 

Here she is. Blade is W2, copper bolster and pin with the most gorgeous curly black walnut I have ever used.

20180218_204935.jpg

20180218_204928.jpg

20180218_204924.jpg

• Like 3

Looks clean! I like the handle a ton. And I envy your ability to finish an old "ruined" project and then keep it. I have yet to keep anything I have made. I am just too critical of my work and it pains me to hold on to anything for too long. 

Clean indeed!  What's tge design on the front of the bolster, and did you do that?  Nice fitting work.

Very nice. I think we need pinned thread (if there isn't one I missed) on "The knife I made formy self/ my self made EDC"

4 hours ago, Alan Longmire said:

Clean indeed!  What's tge design on the front of the bolster, and did you do that?  Nice fitting work.

Alan, it is actually the center of a biohazard coin. My fiance got a bunch of these 1 troy oz copper "Apocalypse Zombiebucks" for some work function. I promised I would make her a zombie chopper if I could have them. 

15190854037772147375095.jpg

16 hours ago, Dan Bourlotos said:

I promised I would make her a zombie chopper if I could have them. 

Now that is a good relationship!