Jump to content

The wolf seax


Recommended Posts

I've been quiet lately, I haven't had as much time to bladesmith as I'd like between job and weather.  I'm trying very hard to get caught up on commissions.

Here we have a pair of wolfstooth seaxes with ash handles.  Both have wrought iron spines and w1 edges.  The larger one is just over 2 ft long, silver wire wrap, and the handle stained with aqua fortis.  The fittings on the sheath are nickle silver..  we'd wanted to use silver but it just wasn't in budget.

The smaller one is just over 10" long, with an oil finish on the handle and bronze sheath fittings.

IMG_20180211_223017.jpg

IMG_20180211_214614.jpg

IMG_20180211_214307.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alan Longmire said:

Ooh damn, I want that long one!  :o  It pushes the right buttons for some reason...

Eets ah very pointy....

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alan Longmire said:

Ooh damn, I want that long one!  :o  It pushes the right buttons for some reason...

One could sointenly get his point across with it ....:D

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2018 at 11:43 AM, Alan Longmire said:

Ooh damn, I want that long one!  :o  It pushes the right buttons for some reason...

That is a long one. You could poke your eye out with it if not careful.....

Are both pieces going to same customer? Never had made one myself but maybe I should. Is the pattern on the blade something you etched into it? Nice looking work!

North Alabama, I was at Redstone Arsenal 67/68. ISN'S Huntsville in N ALABAMA?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Raymond Richard said:

That is a long one. You could poke your eye out with it if not careful.....

Are both pieces going to same customer? Never had made one myself but maybe I should. Is the pattern on the blade something you etched into it? Nice looking work!

North Alabama, I was at Redstone Arsenal 67/68. ISN'S Huntsville in N ALABAMA?

Good to see you again Raymond!

The pattern is due to using wrought iron and w1, forging teeth into them, then forgewelding them together.  I'm posting a photo I took showing part of the process.  Both have gone to the same home...:)

Redstone Arsenal is about 20 miles from here.

IMG_20171120_125544155.jpg

Edited by GEzell
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GEzell said:

Good to see you again Raymond!

The pattern is due to using wrought iron and w1, forging teeth into them, then forgewelding them together.  I'm posting a photo I took showing part of the process.  Both have gone to the same home...:)

Redstone Arsenal is about 20 miles from here.

IMG_20171120_125544155.jpg

That looks like a lot of work!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...