Puukko and pocket knife

Hi

Here is two latest.

Birch bark puukko. Blade is german spring steel and brass fittings. Strong rhombic blade profile.

Other one is just something I made without any plans or even ideas. I just had a feeling that I need to do something. Well it is pocket knife or neck knife. 80crv2 steel and olive ash burl.

Thanks for watching.

20180304_180105.jpg

20180203_192231.jpg

• Like 2
On 3/5/2018 at 5:09 AM, Lauri said:

Hi

Here is two latest.

Birch bark puukko. Blade is german spring steel and brass fittings. Strong rhombic blade profile.

Other one is just something I made without any plans or even ideas. I just had a feeling that I need to do something. Well it is pocket knife or neck knife. 80crv2 steel and olive ash burl.

Thanks for watching.

20180304_180105.jpg

20180203_192231.jpg

Can you explain a bit more about the neck knife? It LOOKS like the knife "locks" into the wooden sheath and is released by the toggle... I haven't seen this before and am very interested in how you accomplished it. LOVE both of these by the way... Especially the final result of the neck knife. Arriving at the final result with no pre-concept is astounding.

Nice to see new work from you Lauri.  I love that little pocket knife!  It is something that I would totally carry regularly.  

Hi and thank you all.

If stacked mean full tang then answer is yes. That olive burl was very nice piece but it was full of holes. Fortunetly there was enough solid wood for that little knife.

That little pin goes thru the wooden cover and that little plunge filing. So that is locking system. There should be some little line witch stop that pin getting lost.

If and when it will get lost matchstick is good spare part and I have lot of them :)

That is good prototype and next one is better.