Sign in to follow this  
JPH

Last of the Nevada Blades

Hello!!

As ya know we have landed....we pour the foundation and slab the next few days...(see below pic of the ready to go footings..) Aftyer that it has to cure for 2 weeks and then I put the building up!!

Anyway...here is one of the last "Nevada" blades:  this one is one of my  "Hugs and Kisses" pattern welded long/bastardswords... 1070 and L-6 for the blade materials...One of my infamous one piece baskets and a nice Chevron pattern bronze wire wrapped grip... 37"  blade length with hammered in fuller too!! Turned out OK if ya ask me...

JPH

DSC04600A.jpg

DSC04606A.jpg

DSC04614A.jpg

DSC04615A.jpg

• Like 3

Amazing, as always! I love your blades, theres always so much to look at on them. 

Hi JPH

Very nice sword. I do love the guard.

Difficult to tell from the photo; how big is the studio going to be?

C

I continue to be amazed by what skilled and patient hands can make, my hat is off to you sir! :D

22 hours ago, Gerhard said:

I continue to be amazed by what skilled and patient hands can make, my hat is off to you sir! :D

Patient? Hmmm. How long did that one take you JPH?

2 hours ago, Charles du Preez said:

Patient? Hmmm. How long did that one take you JPH?

Don't burst my bubble  :D

Hello:

Been busy coordinating my slave labour....ok to answer the questions...the new place is 30 feet x 40 feet...my old place was 25 feet by  35 feet so it's 1200 sq ft  up from 875 sq ft..a nice size for a one man op....plus a little extra room for a student or two during one of my classes...

On the sword...1 day for the steel and for the blade up to HT and first grind..another day to make the rest and put it together ready for blue...so figure two days and a wee bit more...

In am close to being driven sane not being able to work..thankfully I have my work on Perret's  book and my 4th one to keep me more or less on my usual uneven keel...

JPH

Edited by JPH

Thanks JPH. Glad to hear you’re hanging in there.

Under three days?? Dang

Sounds like, it won't be long before the studio is done and you'll be back to abnormal.

Hello:

On the studio.NOT SOON ENOUGH..I am going stir sane here... but as I said, at least I have an escape..and from what I have been reading on Perret's work... ..I want to get out and try this stuff...I have to be honest..I based a lot of my own research on what I was able to read from the venerable JJ Perret...so I am like a kid in a candy store on this...so soon is not soon enough cause I still have to run water and power to it (it is about 125 feet from the house/power/water supply) as well as do the isolation pads, put in the electrical and shelves/benches and.AND still go back to Nevada and move my equipment....Sigh..no rest for the righteous....BUT I WILL be VICTORIOUS!!

CH: No need  to say dang.. I dunno if you realize this... I have been doing this stuff for close to 50 years now..I have it pretty well under control and I have come up with the best ways for me to do this in order to save time and effort without sacrificing quality.... work SMARTER..not harder..get to know what works for YOU and run with it.. I have been doing this for so long that a lot of this is on "automatic" if you know what I am saying.... Keep at it..you'll get there... and if you have any problems..we are here  for you to ask...

JPH

Inspiring as always JPH.  That sword should buy a lot of bacon and beans.

Good luck with the new studio transition.  It makes me sick to my stomach to think about moving my shop.