Tried sharing a video drawing out 1" square stock. My internet service is not good. I will try again later or at least get some photos up. Works great!

• Like 1

Sorry about the video. I cannot get one uploaded. The guide tube has a high strength molecular plastic that the hammer runs against. I followed Clay Spencer's plans.

Tire hammer1.jpgTire hammer11.jpg

The plastic is UHMW Polysomethingorother.  Ultra High Molecular Weight, probably polyethylene.  UHMW is the common name it goes by.  You can buy a big bag of scraps at Woodcraft.

Yes, UHMW polyethylene. The spring  has steel bushings on each end and a rubber hose surrounding it. You can buy these plans for $35 (if I remember correctly) from Clay Spencer---  email- clay@tirehammer.com    Plans do have a copyright. I believe he will send you a printed set of plans or pdf file once the payment has been made. I opted for the pdf file. He also has tire hammer workshops. Raymond Head (on youtube) has the rights for making parts as well as completed hammers. I did buy a good number of parts off him. Both Clay and Raymond were great people to deal with and happy to answer any questions that I had.

• Thanks 1
21 hours ago, Zeb Camper said:

Awesome hammer by the way!

Plus one on that, I'm still on the fence on going with the tire drive or a little giant style modification.....

• Like 1