HELP!! Somthing is wrong with my forge :(

My forge for some reason sounds like a little kid slurping from a juice box...I have absolutely no idea why. Also, the PSI of the propane will not go higher than 0.01 on the Gauge, the gauge is working fine because I can hear the forge and it does not sound like there's any propane going into it. AND THE TANK JUST GOT REPLACED  :angry:   ugh.. help, please.

I agree, sounds like something got into either the regulator or the orifice.  Please tell me you didn't use teflon tape on the threads.  That's the usual culprit.  Next in line is pipe dope (paste thread sealant), followed by small flying insects.

If you're lucky, it's in the orifice.  Take it off and poke a fine wire through it backwards.  If it's in the regulator you may be screwed.  Those have to be taken apart by a professional at a welding supply place.  All you can do is check all the connections and hope you see the obstruction.  If you have a needle valve, check it too.

Finally, to prevent future repeats, when you get a new tank or a refill of the old, always wipe out the inside of the valve face with a soft cloth and crack the valve open to blow out any grit that may have gotten in there before connecting the regulator and lines.

I bought the burner from DevilForge.com and there supposed to be really good burners. I turned it on today and it burned for about 30 seconds then made the sound slurping sound again then the fire went out and there was no propane?!?! I was using it yesterday for about an hour. I think I'm going to email devil forge and see if I can get it replaced.

10 hours ago, Alan Longmire said:

Please tell me you didn't use teflon tape on the threads

uh oh..The burner comes with Teflon tape already on the threads...

It looks like a good regulator and gage.  I'm not so sure about the hose.  Propane compatible hose is normally black.  Many hoses (including oxy/ace hoses) degrade with Propane.  Also the flare looks weird. With that type burner you have to be very careful that the jet is aimed exactly down the center of the burner tube.  It is very easy for that to get twisted a little, and then it won't work well. 

Let me know if I can help you.

The little tube with the jet in it is welded to the burner so I don't think it can twist.

The burner has run for about an hour without stopping but it was making a really weird sound the entire time. I am very sure there's gas in the tank because I just got a new one.

opened up the valve  today and.......Nothing......... theres 20 bucks down the drain..

That happens a lot with exchange tanks.  Those are also only filled to 17 lbs rather than the full 20lbs.  Take it someplace that fills propane rather than exchanges tanks.

Of course that doesn't sound like the real problem here...

About how long can a full tank last if it were to be left all the way open?

• 2 weeks later...

So no matter how hard I try I can not block hot air from blowing onto my burner. Its almost melted some of the hose and the little thing that opens and closes the valve.

Ill send some pics in a bit. Also there is SOOOO much hot air coming out of the back of the burner i cant even touch it.

Sounds to me like the burner tips might be clogged the way you describe it saying the burners are spitting. 

Trying to visualize it and all I can think of, probably wrong but, is that, instead of drawing room air into the burner tube it's drawing forge air into the room. backwards.

Two thoughts.

The burner is too high in the tube and getting more vaccum draw by pulling from the forge.

Crazy as it sounds maybe the choke plate is too far open, thus balancing the air in the tube with the room atmosphere and negating the vaccum effect.

Or, it is something else completely