Alan Longmire

registration hiccup, sorry...

I was wondering why there had been no registrations since Tuesday when we usually get three to five per day, and this morning i had an email saying the security question was not letting the sender in when he answered it correctly.  I have tinkered around under the hood, so hopefully it works again.  Let me know if it doesn't, please.  Just click the "important registration rules" announcement at the top of any page here, and click where I wrote "email me here."

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Alan

Well, I couldn't fix it (yet!), so I have eliminated the security question for now.  The real name rule still applies, the question was just to remind folks anyway.  Hopefully folks can register now.  Again, let me know if you can't as mentioned above.

47 minutes ago, Alan Longmire said:

Well, I couldn't fix it (yet!), so I have eliminated the security question for now.  The real name rule still applies, the question was just to remind folks anyway.  Hopefully folks can register now.  Again, let me know if you can't as mentioned above.

It was saying that the security feature was down.  I'm' not sure if that's something that you guys have to do the coding with yourselves or if that's a third party option.  If it's a third party option then I don't know.

Well, that didn't work, it just opened my email up to about two hundred spambots.  Sigh...  Well, registration is down until further notice, sorry, guys.  I'll keep trying stuff, and I've told Niels.

I hope it's working now.

Yes!  I just made a dummy account and it went through perfectly.  Thank for saving the forum yet again, Niels!  Only the sixth or seventh time in the last couple of years...  :D

Everything seems to be working.  I may need to redo the registration announcement, but that's no big deal.  You da man!