20180404_201305[1].jpg

20180404_201320[1].jpg

20180408_083044[1].jpg

My mentor said......"if it's perfect you can name your price"

This is what happens to imperfection

20180410_180824[1].jpg

20180410_180833[1].jpg

20180410_180842[1].jpg

Then Lymphoma takes this wonderful dog from me in 4 weeks.....

20180411_164047[1].jpg

20180411_163859[1].jpg

• Sad 1

UK#14 safety boot makes zombie killers look small

20180127_145156[1].jpg

20180127_145256[1].jpg

20180203_114723[1].jpg

My country......my car

20180209_115841[1].jpg

Some of you might appreciate this......it's mine.

20180217_133521[1].jpg

• Like 1

Sunset....I shit you not

20180318_064540[1].jpg

• Like 2

You're kicking ass brotha. Sure do like your knives and your design. Keep up the good work and keep posting! 

• Like 1

You do not lack for vistas.

There is just something about looking at country like that....makes you think, "Geeez, I'm gonna need a good knife."

Let me first admit, had a few too many Friday night, finally found time to post some photos and got a bit carried away......went to bed at 2:30am :blink:

:lol:

On 4/21/2018 at 7:31 PM, Vern Wimmer said:

You do not lack for vistas.

There is just something about looking at country like that....makes you think, "Geeez, I'm gonna need a good knife."

That photo is was taken from the top of the Spreetshoogte Pass, just down the hill and a few kilometers further is a tourist camp run by Swiss people.......the exact place I got pushed over the knife-making edge after doing a course there.

That same farm(s) used to belong to my paternal grandfather's family, and just a little to the South was the farm(s) of my paternal grandmother.

The place feels like home B)

Amazing sunset.  How far from the coast are you?

The sunset photo is from my home town, so as the crow flies about 400km to the coast.

The photo at the top of the pass is about halfway to the coast, right on the edge where the Namib Desert starts.

2 hours ago, Gerhard said:

The sunset photo is from my home town, so as the crow flies about 400km to the coast.

The photo at the top of the pass is about halfway to the coast, right on the edge where the Namib Desert starts.

Cool, I was wondering if it was the dust from the Namib that generated the sunset.

Edited by Brian Dougherty

Nice work you have done. I know you have to work with limited tools and supplies and that makes the product even more impressive. I am glad you are part of this community.

Sorry to hear about your friend's impending doom, that's tough to deal with. Beautiful country and it looks like. the right vehicle. You have a face that shows a full life (yes, that's a compliment. If I wanted to call you ugly, I would have just said so)

Keep them coming Gerhard.

10 hours ago, Joshua States said:

Nice work you have done. I know you have to work with limited tools and supplies and that makes the product even more impressive. I am glad you are part of this community.

Thanks, Joshua, this community and it's work is stunning and humbling, I can only hope to keep learning and improving.

10 hours ago, Joshua States said:

Sorry to hear about your friend's impending doom, that's tough to deal with. Beautiful country and it looks like. the right vehicle. You have a face that shows a full life (yes, that's a compliment. If I wanted to call you ugly, I would have just said so)

He was my companion when I was in a dark place, and there was nobody else.  I had to make the call, hold his head while he went, dig the hole, put him in and fill it up.......I was surprised that a 6'5" 43-year old could still cry that much.

Just as surprised that I did a bit more growing up at age 43 as well......

As for my face, I will have you know I was very pretty until 2009 when I moved to a little mining town only 20Km away from the Orange river.  I spent too many hours standing in a rapids with a fly rod, enjoying the fishing of a lifetime and getting pounded by the African sun.

So rest assured, I had fun turning ugly! 

Edited by Gerhard
spelling

I echo the sentiments of those impressed with your work and determination. I'm a big fan of "purpose built" blades.

The loss of a trusted dog is tough and I lost a pair/team in the last 2 years. The picture I have as my avatar/photo is of my step-daughter's dog. He lives in another State and I wanted a dog picture but wanted some emotional detachment from the subject. I still have the companionship of the third of my "musketeers" but there will come a day and seeing his pic with every post would be a bit much.

I'd love to break out my fly rod in your Country but....the wife would not see it as one of her top vacation spots even if I ever took a vacation.

12 hours ago, Gerhard said:

So rest assured, I had fun turning ugly! 

Weathered. Not ugly, just weathered. ;)

10 hours ago, Vern Wimmer said:

I'd love to break out my fly rod in your Country but....the wife would not see it as one of her top vacation spots even if I ever took a vacation.

Sad to say, to experience that fishing at it's best we'd need a time machine.

I don't know what else went wrong in that river, but I do know the insect population (mayflies, stoneflies, leeches etc) that the fish used to feed on have been decimated. :(

The Yellowfish are still there, but they're living off alternative food sources now. 

Add to that they're planning a massive dam in the river which will destroy that whole eco system.

If SWMBO ever feels like Africa, Namibia and Botswana are the only worthwhile destinations.

@Joshua States like good leather! :lol: