First knife out of my new shop

The new shop is finally finished, I’m very happy with how it turned out. 

Heres the first knife out of it.

1080 steel, bocote handle

48211B6D-B223-4059-98FF-3EB28664715B.jpeg

I expected my self to trash this knife, since I haven’t been in the shop for a few months. But it actually turned out pretty nice.

and here’s a pic of the shop.

F89F1BDE-C022-4DAC-B2C0-1B3AB6EF83B7.jpeg

Thanks for looking!

Mason

• Like 2

Nice knife and nice shop. Of course the shop is new so it looks way too clean and neat:D

4 hours ago, Mason Simonet said:

I’m trying to keep it clean! That pic i actually took last night right after I cleaned it up, it was already looking pretty messy :blink: 

If you don't make a mess you can't get anything done! I've been making a habit of straightening up and sweeping everytime after I use the shop. I try to keep myself excited about a clean shop to come back to. It helps with the pain of doing it lol. 

The Knife and sheath look really good! 

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:55 PM, Zeb Camper said:

I've been making a habit of straightening up and sweeping everytime after I use the shop.

I hate people like you...........;)

Nice work Mason, and congrats on the new digs. I like that anvil stand!

Thanks guys.

17 minutes ago, Joshua States said:

Nice work Mason, and congrats on the new digs. I like that anvil stand!

You talking about the anvil up front? Or the one behind it? I threw those together from the leftover lumber.

10 hours ago, Mason Simonet said:

You talking about the anvil up front?

Yep. I often recommend that construction for a stand. Now put some flat strap across the top and you have a tool holder for hammers & tongs.

Anvil base.JPG

Anvil base (2).JPG

1 hour ago, Joshua States said:

Now put some flat strap across the top and you have a tool holder for hammers & tongs.

That’s a great idea, I’ll have to do that. Thanks!

Nice knife and yes nice shop.  Lol way better than what I'm working out of cough carport lol.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:55 PM, Zeb Camper said:

...I've been making a habit of straightening up and sweeping everytime after I use the shop. I try to keep myself excited about a clean shop to come back to. It helps with the pain of doing it lol. 

I clean up mine with the shop vac after each work session, and make sure all tools & equipment are perfectly placed in their spots. You'd REALLY hate me Joshua, lol

48 minutes ago, AndyB said:

Nice knife and yes nice shop.  Lol way better than what I'm working out of cough carport lol.

Nothing wrong with that! :D I worked out of a carport before this shop. I was actually debating on whether or not to build an open air or a closed in shop. You don’t have to worry about dust as much in an open air shop.

When it rains it's actually not too bad I may close up the sides of it eventually but I can't do much because of the management here lol.  They wont allow me to get too extravagant on a shop.  So if I do build a shop it will basically be from the carport itself Throw up a couple of walls and boom theres my instant shop lol.  Just gotta get the trailer out from underneath it and plenty of space.  But nah your design is good.  I'm surprised I don't see a power hammer in the pictures of your shop.

Yea I was sick of rusty tools. that’s the main reason I went with a closed in shop, plus I had the carport shop when I lived in Florida  so every time we had a hurricane I had to pack up my whole shop and move it into the barn :blink: 

16 hours ago, Joshua States said:

:P:lol:

4 hours ago, Gabriel James said:

i need to build a grinder room, i just swept up grinder dust that halfway filled up a 60 gallon trash can =\

Sounds like a great Idea! Are you doing this full time now?

1 hour ago, Mason Simonet said:

Yea I was sick of rusty tools. that’s the main reason I went with a closed in shop, plus I had the carport shop when I lived in Florida  so every time we had a hurricane I had to pack up my whole shop and move it into the barn :blink: 

Rusty tools... Ick!