Prayers for my dad

My dad fell off a roof today from 18' in the air. He was knocked unconscious and broke 7 ribs. We are still witing for all the other test results to come back but the x-rays showed no broken neck but they are going to do MRI and we are waiting for the CT scan results. Any pryers are appreciated or if you are not religious your best wishes are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Sending prayers from our family to yours.

• Thanks 1

All the needed strength and a quick recovery for your dad Jeremy!

My dad injures himself every time he looks at a ladder, and my constant nightmare is he doesn't know when to stop......

• Thanks 1

Thank you guys for all the support. Looks like he will be in the hospital for at least a couple more days. Looks like his shoulder is OK just badly bruised but for sure 7 ribs on his left side are broke in several places each. They are up and down with whether or not to wire them back together or leave them. He has a concussion but everything looks good up stairs. It could have been a lot worse. He is lucky to be alive.

Thanks again everyone!

Lord, look over this man and all of his family! Amen

Family and prayer a good combination when your mending!!!

• Thanks 1

It is absolutely the &%%$'s when the clock and the calender tell you "It's time to slow it down. You're not young anymore." Dealing with that step in life while slowly, and painfully, healing up might be tough. Keep reminding him that he has only "traded a bit of limitation for a world of experience and knowledge." Keep him positive.

My Dad broke a shoulder in a simple accident and it took some "coaching" to bring him around to a realistic view and staying "good with it".

• Like 1

That's excellent news!  A neighbor of mine fell off a ladder a few years ago and broke both heels.  Had to stay flat for six months and relearn how to walk.  Then my gutter guy fell off a 12 foot roof last year at the age of 72 and broke his hip.  He's fine now, and it wasn't my roof, but I think I'll stay on the ground as much as possible!

• Like 1

I took a backflip off a roof in 97. Broke 4 ribs, tore up my shoulder and split my collarbone. That was the second time I broke those ribs.... 

Whatever you do, don't make dad laugh. When you have broken ribs (I had 7 broken at one time) laughing, coughing or sneezing is painful enough to make you pass out. 

Wishing him the best and a speedy recovery.

• Thanks 1

While i cannot relate to broken ribs, i feel for him with the concussion. I got a very serious one playing (american) football when i was younger. Kickoffs are nasty business.... 

Anyway, best of luck to your father, Jeremy. I hope his recovery is swift. 

• Thanks 1

Glad he's ok! Don't be too suprised if he forgets what he was talking about mid sentence with that concussion.

I flipped a car down a bank once doing 60 around a blind turn (young & dumb). I wasn't wearing a seat belt so my head got slammed into the roof of my car 3x. I actually rubbed a big bald spot on my head from the impacts :lol:

I would be talking and "...... What was I even sayin?...."

Seriously though, glad he's ok. Make him take it easy. Broken ribs are no joke. 

• Thanks 1

They gave him an epidural today and he is feeling a lot better but that wont help him when he leaves the hospital.

Thanks again everyone.

Well my dad is still in the hospital and probably not getting out till the beginning of bext week at the earliest.

This is where it happened. Its 18 feet to the peek and he was on the peek setting a "nailer" to stabilize the first truss when the truss flipped out from under him. There was no stopping it. He almost landed on the stake to the wall support closest to the existing building.

20180511_193332.jpg

Good to hear he is okay, I got hit by a car and lost 3-10 seconds, its weird to think about. It was a busy street and I got knocked two lanes out from the sidewalk, if the cars werent stopped at a red light 50ft away it would have been much worse. The dude pulled out in front of me and I went off the sidewalk to avoid him but he just rolled through the stop sign and tossed me.

"Why dont you look where youre going" says the guy looking left and taking a right turn in a big box with tinted windows 

Maybe I just got some brain damage but I cant figure out how the grill of his car got damaged and a big streak of rubber from my handlebars was left on the hood of his car if I ran into him.

And then the crackheads showed up and you know they all had something to say.....

Be careful out there everyone! And dont try to move a fully extened 40ft ladder without retracting it first! (Thats a whole other story) 

• Sad 1

Good to hear that there's no critical injuries.  I'm assuming that he lives near you.  Are they sending him down to Grand Rapids for rehab?  The wizards at Mary Freebed are world class.

• Like 1