This dagger is a commission to match sword I made a number of years ago for the same client. This piece uses the same L6 for the blade and the same construction and finish as the sword. This was a lot easier to hand sand however. 

Hollow ground blade 11" length the fittings are mild steel patinaed slightly and polished back. The scabbard is felt lined poplar with leather wrap and  steel chap and locket. 

The third photo is before I patinaed the fitting and died the leather. But it is the only one I had of is in the scabbard. IMG_20180503_150923.jpg

Sharp by coop pics are inbound .. 

MP

IMG_20180508_115717.jpg

IMG_20180508_115723.jpg

• Like 5

Wow, very crisp and clean.  I like the ricasso area; it looks familiar, so I assume that is my memory of the sword this will go with.

How did you get your touchmark on the ridge like that without flattening the ridge on the other side of the blade?

9 hours ago, Brian Dougherty said:

Wow, very crisp and clean.  I like the ricasso area; it looks familiar, so I assume that is my memory of the sword this will go with.

How did you get your touchmark on the ridge like that without flattening the ridge on the other side of the blade?

I etched it :) I have been moving away from stamping, I have messed up far to many blades stamping them.. 

MP

• Thanks 1

I saw this building on IG and thought it looked familiar.  Splendid work; I love it!  I'm looking forward to the Coop pics as well