Sign in to follow this  
Will W.

Anvil ID Help!

20180515_115601.jpg

20180515_115622.jpg

Hard to tell, but i think its a Soderfors. Could be a Trenton. Ive never seen one this small! The face is in excellent shape! Would make a great striking anvil, i think.  :P

In all seriousness, i made this pendant from a piece of aluminum i had laying around. Just filed it out. Its a little wonky, but its just a pendant. 

• Like 1

That there the most useful anvil shaped object I have seen yet :)

Thats actually pretty cool.  I bet you could make a bunch of those out of steel, I doubt you'd get much money for them.  But you could actually forge them or do like a metal casting of those in different types of materials.  Make a few bucks on the side of what you would do in knives.  That's pretty cool lol heck Id buy one.  But I would want a stainless steel one or steel one lol.

I think It they would sell pretty good if you made a tiny mold and poured a bunch of them. Small life like 3D anvil necklaces. Me being me; it'd have to be made of hardened steel and everything :lol:

My original plan was to make it out of damascus, but i figured rust would be an issue. Could just clear coat it, i suppose. 

Isn't there a clear sealant that you could use to do that?  kind of like sealant for concrete but for metal?

Yep.  Jeweler's lacquer.