Sign in to follow this  
Raymond Richard

Swedish/Japanese Swordsmith

And here I was, figuring on seeing more of the famous "Ray Richard forging in sandals" pictures. :lol:

1 hour ago, deker said:

And here I was, figuring on seeing more of the famous "Ray Richard forging in sandals" pictures. :lol:

deker, you know I just can't find any decent forging sandals in this day and age. As much as I loved to hand forge those days are behind me now. Old has taken over........

On 5/18/2018 at 3:09 PM, Raymond Richard said:

deker, you know I just can't find any decent forging sandals in this day and age. As much as I loved to hand forge those days are behind me now. Old has taken over........

I can certainly understand that. It's a shame though, you have always been one of a few 'smiths I'd have been willing to actually BUY a knife from. Life just never got around to my being able to afford it...

3 hours ago, deker said:

I can certainly understand that. It's a shame though, you have always been one of a few 'smiths I'd have been willing to actually BUY a knife from. Life just never got around to my being able to afford it...

Deker, I'm not 100% sure about the hand forging. In the past two years I have had my right shoulder rotator cuff repaired and had my right wrist fused. The shoulder is much better now but the fused right wrist is a problem. Gripping a hammer is very strange now.

Here's a knife I finished in March with a blade I had forged 10 or 12 years earlier. Here's a free look.......

AZ4A7709FightingKnife.jpg

Interesting article, thanks for sharing.

I remember reading about a guy up in Canada going over and serving his apprenticeship, but it didn't sound like he was ever licensed and I haven't been able to find more about it.

Quite the commitment. 

Nice looking knife by the way. Fused wrist doesn't sound fun at all, hopefully it's something that gets better with time.