Steve Nowacki

A Bowie in 1080 and Sambar stag with a D,Lisch style split ring guard.

Awesome knife.  Awesome WIP.  Now I want to make bowies...

• Like 1

Mathew go for it buddy you'll not look back it is the most iconic of blades.

On 6/9/2018 at 5:19 PM, Steve Nowacki said:

Mathew go for it buddy you'll not look back it is the most iconic of blades.

On 6/9/2018 at 7:57 AM, MatthewBerry said:

Awesome knife.  Awesome WIP.  Now I want to make bowies...

I think of them as the "American Seax".........:)

• Like 1

What a fantastic job you did with this piece. Your leather work in particular stands out proud! 

• Like 1

JD thank you very much for your comments high praise indeed. It was seeing one of your knives which had a spacer in front of the guard which inspired me to incorporate the same type of fittings on the Bowies that I make.

Steve

Just a quickie to finish this thread off really. We only have one dedicated knife show here in the UK and that is Knives UK held at the end of June. I entered this Bowie into the professional makers competition and I am very proud to say that it won best in show. I was very humbled and to say the least, not a little bit pleased as this was the third year in a row that I have won this accolade. I think I'm right in saying that I am the only professional maker who attends this show to have done that. Anyway here's a pic of the Bowie with the award, thanks guys for all of your comments and continued interest in this thread.

Steve

DSCF5477.jpg

• Like 5

Congrats Steve. Well deserved.

• Like 1

Magnificent!!!  Every detail perfect.  

Edited by John Myshkoff
  • Like 1

Amazing work. The fit of the butt cap is perfection. 

• Like 1

hang on a sec, if that one won best in show for your 3rd year in a row, then we are missing 2 other amazing WIPs.... :P 

• Like 1

Thanks for your comments guys, I'll tell you what I may have somewhere Ross is a set of pic's showing the build of a mountainman folder I've made in the past. If I get the time I'll try and upload some and see if it floats anyone's boat.

@Steve Nowacki if this stunning knife is anything to go by I hope you find the time.

Your knife inspired me, I tried that keyhole notch on a recent knife and people ask if I made a mistake :lol: ....... I'm sure that thought won't cross their minds looking at your knife, just beautiful!

• Like 1

Gerhard thank you for your comments buddy. It's great to draw inspirstion  from other makers work. You know there are some awesome makers around and the skill that they possess never fails to astound and inspire me.  As regards to the Spanish notch on the blade, some people can't abide them, but I like them and I feel it gives a certain look to the blade.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2018 at 2:03 PM, Steve Nowacki said:

Thanks for your comments guys, I'll tell you what I may have somewhere Ross is a set of pic's showing the build of a mountainman folder I've made in the past. If I get the time I'll try and upload some and see if it floats anyone's boat.

Boat still sitting below the tide-line waiting to be floated :D.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Start caulking that boat Charles I'm sorting through pic's at the moment buddy.

Steve

• Thanks 1

Well, !!  you can just float my boat too,!!  dang it !!!......................;)

• Like 1