Sign in to follow this  
Dave Stephens

A Seax/Bowie Pattern Weld Type Thingy

Here's a little blade I just etched. I pieced it together from bits and bobs I'd been fooling with in the forge when I just needed to unwind after work, so I don't really recall with precision how many layers are in each bit.  The contrast stripes are not as precise as I would like them to be, but there's a part of me that sort of likes the organic shape they took. Thought I'd share.  

I've been making too many blades and not putting hilts on them lately.  I should knuckle down and put a grip on this one. If I do, I'll post the results here.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Dave

IMG_1472.JPG

I like it Dave. The pattern reminds me of water; stylised water at the spine and flowing water at the edge. Nimueh would be proud. +1 for seeing this handled.

Edited by Charles du Preez

Dave, you can take scraps of this and that and he results like that. That is a great skill there. I hope your powers can only be used for good.

Good one Dave! 

BTW- if this:

22 hours ago, Dave Stephens said:

I've been making too many blades and not putting hilts on them lately. 

gets to be a consistent problem, I do know someone who would be willing, no, honored, to help you with that. Just let me know.

:o

Im with Alen nice!!