Sign in to follow this  
mike desensi

first knife off My sale table at the Brea blade show

well the Brea knife show has come and gone...........................

wasnt a great show from a monatary point of view but good to say the least.

We all have that box of "stuff" we dont want to toss but dont want to keep, I call Mine the "WHAT THE F##KIN' HELL WAS I THINKIN'" box!

a few weeks befor the show I got antler in and saw this base and got a flash a "I know what this will work on"

so I built it up  tossed in on the table and it got pounced on very early in the day , the buyer left thrilled , I was just amazed.

its a kind of intergregal nessmuck sorta thing  made from forged O1  ,fiber spacers and a whitetail  spike

edge quenched in ATF , oddly showing a "temper line"   I havent been here in a while , work and joint health and orders have robbed Me of pleasure time

as always feel free to state your feelings

100_3646 (2).jpg

Edited by mike desensi

Though the bolster is a little long for my preference, I think you really nailed a smooth transition from bolster to antler.  Nice work.

it dose look long but the handle is shorter than it looks , when you hold it  your finger is in a perfect spot , its just a weird piece

Just as the gods of the forge have their tricks and amusements to inflict on the 'Smith so do the gods that rule the market. I was on the BOD of the local arts organization. We put on sales, fairs, auctions. More than once I saw artists in various fields completely frustrated as well thought out pieces, that they thought would surely sell, sat there while something they "threw together" got all the attention. I wondered which it reflected, the creative process or the psychology of the purchaser or maybe the gods teaching a lesson?