controller.jpg

Burnt spot on the mother board

burnt spot.jpg

Compressor pump

pump.jpg

Broken exhaust port

valve.jpg

The technical term is "FUBAR".

It's not FUBAR, it's still recognizable.  That does suck, though.  Moving always claims a few nice objects.  Last time it was most of my home brewing setup.

You might get away by just replacing the transistor that used to be in that spot in the VFD.  Most likely some other fault caused it to blow, but for  the couple of bucks it would cost, it's worth trying.

Must be the season of wither; smoked a capacitor on my belt grinder the other day...it is hard to find a replacement here so far. Good luck with repairs.

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:01 PM, Brian Dougherty said:

You might get away by just replacing the transistor that used to be in that spot in the VFD.  Most likely some other fault caused it to blow, but for  the couple of bucks it would cost, it's worth trying.

Actually, there were two burnt spots on the motherboard and I have spent time inside of electronic gizmos fixing and replacing fiddly bits. These were not going to be repaired. Once the board melts, it's pretty much done as far as I'm concerned. I just bought a new one from Beaumont. Cha-ching!

If you'd like to have it, and give the repairs a go, I'll send it to you. Flat rate shipping is probably about $25.

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:22 AM, Alan Longmire said:

Moving always claims a few nice objects.  Last time it was most of my home brewing setup.

That's a catastrophe!

Just a lot of broken glass to replace.  Cheaper than a VFD by a long shot!