Worth Baker

Simple Gifts

Just a few blades for a professor that was the head of my department. Some of the hardest classes I have ever taken, but I learned more from him than any other teacher I have had. I took up an interest in my hobby and wanted to buy some simple knives for his sons. I decided to make the knives free of charge as well as throw in a damascus letter opener with a cocobolo handle as thanks for everything he taught me. Nothing particularly fancy here.

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image1.jpeg

The bottom knife in the second picture has a  very elegant flow, I like it a lot. 

15 minutes ago, MikeDT said:

The bottom knife in the second picture has a  very elegant flow, I like it a lot. 

Thanks very much! I was trained in the Woodbury school by a smith in Kentucky by the name of Hershel House. His tend to have a recurve which I always loved, but I like a thinner blade so mine ended up as an exaggeration of that. 

art4_11.jpg

I built a flintlock years ago with help from some of his instructional material.  I have always liked his.work, no wonder liked that last blade.  You are very lucky to have trained under him!

7 hours ago, MikeDT said:

I built a flintlock years ago with help from some of his instructional material.  I have always liked his.work, no wonder liked that last blade.  You are very lucky to have trained under him!

Well thanks, and yeah I am very proud to have learned from him. He was the one to make my touchmark, so I still feel like he is helping me with all of mine.