If you have seen the Majestics on TV understand a few things about forges and TV. There are a lot of drawbacks to those forges for most of us. Square is an in efficient shape for the interior that is why they use a forge with so many burners. Hard bricks to line the forge are also detrimental. Not much good to be said for the top dead center burner mounting for most folks either. BUT for a TV show where different people are heating odd pieces of steel and forge welding against the clock they are probably the easiest for the production crew to maintain. 

Look around the forum and you will probably find threads that will answer your questions.

Welcome aboard!

8 hours ago, Vern Wimmer said:

If you have seen the Majestics on TV understand a few things about forges and TV. There are a lot of drawbacks to those forges for most of us. Square is an in efficient shape for the interior that is why they use a forge with so many burners. Hard bricks to line the forge are also detrimental. Not much good to be said for the top dead center burner mounting for most folks either. BUT for a TV show where different people are heating odd pieces of steel and forge welding against the clock they are probably the easiest for the production crew to maintain. 

Look around the forum and you will probably find threads that will answer your questions.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the welcome lol..I been a member for years but never been in a position where I was able to start.

The reason I said I had and read mixed reviews on the majestic had nothing to do with forged in fire..most reviews I read talked about how it was hard to get to welding temps..not that I plan on doing Damascus anytime soon .

I like the chili forges but don't want to sling out the dough for one yet.