Jose Herreros

New website and more creations!

Good day guys,

I have hit a new millestone! I have finally fully translated my website to English! I know it's not a proper English and it's not flawless but I did my best. The idea came up when a few of you let me know that google translator was working fine with my webpage; and since my intention is to publicy the classic Spanish cutlery I thought "what the h***, I will translate the website so everyone could visit it" and so I did, I am gladly to announce that Artesania Herreros is now available on English which will ease a lot my communication with you all!

You can access it from HERE- Also, following the advice from some of you I have hired the .com domain and it will be automatically redirect to the .es version soon!

In order to thank you all for your constant support and advices I have decided to upload three really special pieces.

The first one is a hunting orange G-10 folding knife fully handmade with black liners and brass studded handle. The blade is manufacture on 440 steel. The palanquilla and the spring is beautifully bedecked with filed notches and engravings. Here’s some images:

ilVmfRv.jpg

9C1wXmz.jpg

TNHcU6v.jpg

And you watch it live here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqhGGXtYk8g

The second one is a Vendetta corso folding knife made on a polished bull horn and deer stag antler handle separated with a brass cord. The blade and “palanquilla” are made from 440 steel. The spring, palanquilla and the blade’s spine is beautifully bedecked. It’s one of our top sold designs.

lxxD0xg.jpg

mzBBpSG.jpg

ujS5R3E.jpg

Here’s the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prV8XvWc7Zc

Finally, one of my latest creations, a pocket-size folding knife made of mirror polished bullhorn handle bedecked with a nice turquoise incrustation. The handle comes with a nickel silver palanquilla and bolster to highlight the beauty of the folding knife.

olI12I3.jpg

NXtJ6B6.jpg

HkleVJN.jpg

You can find the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytkKqpG_JpI

I hope you all like them as much as I do, and let me thanks you all guys, it's a pleasure to be part of this little family and I am sorry if I cannot post very often, I have to do it on the weekends from now on!

Best regards,

José Antonio Herreros Gómez

• Like 1

Lots of detail on these guys , hope to see more of it...............;)

• Thanks 1

Muy linda cuchillas!  Welcome back, and good work!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jose Herreros said:

I hope you all like them as much as I do, and let me thanks you all guys, it's a pleasure to be part of this little family and I am sorry if I cannot post very often, I have to do it on the weekends from now on!

Jose, I liked that vendetta corso knife enough that I just ordered one from your website! I haven't had the time or space to pursue my own bladesmithing lately, so I'm contenting myself with supporting the work of fellow artisans. I am very much looking forward to seeing your work firsthand!
Muchas gracias!

Edited by Adam Betts
Clarity.
  • Thanks 1

Jose, don't take this wrong. I often don't read all of the words above a pic till the pictures catch my eye. As I am paging down thru the knives and liking what I am seeing. This voice in the back of my head is saying, these knives have a heavy Spanish influence. So it hits me I haven't seen your logo before so I roll back up to the top and I see you are located in Spain. 

:D That would explain the heavy Spanish influence. So I had to go back and read all the information I had skimmed over. Love the knives!! Your work is great!! 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Clifford Brewer said:

Lots of detail on these guys , hope to see more of it...............;)

Thanks a lot Clifford! haven't we met before? I think I know you from somewhere else!

20 hours ago, Alan Longmire said:

Muy linda cuchillas!  Welcome back, and good work!

Thanks a lot Alan :), and thanks for the warn welcome! gotta be around so much!

18 hours ago, Adam Betts said:

Jose, I liked that vendetta corso knife enough that I just ordered one from your website! I haven't had the time or space to pursue my own bladesmithing lately, so I'm contenting myself with supporting the work of fellow artisans. I am very much looking forward to seeing your work firsthand!
Muchas gracias!

hahahaha thanks a lot Adam, for real, it wasn't neccesary but I am glad you have liked it! In fact, vendettas are my main product since I don't know why but they are my top sold models (funny thing I haven't sold any vendetta to France lol). :) As you know they are all handmade so it will take a few days to be manufacture but as soon as I ship it I will let you know by email the shipping number! I just would like to ask for a favour... :P would you be able to let me know your first impressions once you receive it? 

14 hours ago, C Craft said:

Jose, don't take this wrong. I often don't read all of the words above a pic till the pictures catch my eye. As I am paging down thru the knives and liking what I am seeing. This voice in the back of my head is saying, these knives have a heavy Spanish influence. So it hits me I haven't seen your logo before so I roll back up to the top and I see you are located in Spain. 

:D That would explain the heavy Spanish influence. So I had to go back and read all the information I had skimmed over. Love the knives!! Your work is great!! 

Wow :D, thanks a lot man! it's one of the most beautiful things someone has ever told me (no kidding hahaha), maybe thanks to me you recover an interest for reading, who knows :), stay tuned I will be updating from time to time and thanks again man!

2 hours ago, Jose Herreros said:

Thanks a lot Clifford! haven't we met before? I think I know you from somewhere else!

Iv'e never been to Spain, my Navy tour was in the South Pacific and down under to Sydney Harbor.

Most of my life has been in the true Northern California and Southern Oregon, the name Herreros does sound familiar ...............

5 hours ago, Jose Herreros said:

I just would like to ask for a favour... :P would you be able to let me know your first impressions once you receive it? 

Absolutely! It'll probably get here just in time to make me feel better about working 30 days straight.:D

I have a deep respect for the Spanish tradition of knife-making, and I'm glad to have found reason to acquire a little piece of it.

5 hours ago, Jose Herreros said:

(funny thing I haven't sold any vendetta to France lol)

Well I don't know about the French and their tastes, but I like your versions better than the few I've seen coming out of France. :P

Edited by Adam Betts
Dumb thinking