Sign in to follow this  
MacCrea

Damascus Dagger

I made 2 billets - 16 layers 15n20 and 1095 forged out octagonal. Twisted one clockwise and the other counterclockwise. Forge welded those two together after a bunch of grinding, and forged the blade from that. After final grinding, engraving, etc. The blade went back to the coal forge for normalizing and hardening, then onto the oven for tempering. More cleanup and etching then it was time to make up the steel guard, bolster, pommel, and the African blackwood handle. Hours and hours later the veg tanned sheath. Blade length is 8" and overall length 13".IMG_20180808_101955901.jpgIMG_20180808_102018387.jpgIMG_20180808_102037883.jpgIMG_20180808_102121439.jpgIMG_20180808_102142607.jpgIMG_20180808_102215812.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That is an epic package!

• Like 1

Nice :) I really like the handle design/treatment on that one.

• Like 1

That is a nice dagger.  Like Brian, I really dig that faceted handle.  Good work.

• Like 1

Agreed nice job !!...........B)

• Like 1

Thanks all! My most time consuming knife and sheath yet, but it sold in the matter of 8 hours. So I'm happy. I was hoping to pet it for a while but no luck there.

I can see why it sold so fast.  The faceted and fluted handle really made the knife stand out.

Doug

• Like 1

Fairbairn–Sykes meets American frontier gentleman -I like it!

• Like 1

Nice look and overall package! It looks like the sheath has a steel stud that locks into a frog, would you mind describing how  the stud is attached without a metal locket?