Sign in to follow this  
ScottWright

Post Vise

Finally was able to get a decent post vise for a good price. 5" jaws the only repair it needs is a new wedge for the mounting bracket which I will most likely forge out this weekend. The fella I bought it from thinks it was a Peter Wright but not sure no markings other than what appears to the date of 1912. Going to break it down clean and grease and mount it this weekend but the screw works extremely smoothly already.IMG_20180822_155121_700.jpg20180822_151258.jpgThanks for looking.

20180822_151159.jpg

Score!  Definitely not an English one, though.  English-made vises always have the corners chamfered.  That bracket looks like maybe Columbus Forge and Iron (Trenton and Arm and Hammer anvils makers), but unless it's marked there's no telling.  There's also what appears to be a "60" on the shelf above the screw in that picture of the 1912.  Probably the weight.

• Like 1

Looks identical to mine. 

• Like 1

Yeah Alan, tracing it I believe it is 60 as well and although I have not put it on a scale I'd say that's got to be close. Also good to know about the difference in English and American made videos. Thanks I'm just happy to finally have found one at a reasonable price.

You guys make me sick!!! :o :lol:

Just kidding. I can't find one around here that is either not trash or the guy wants way too much for it!!

Score!!