Sign in to follow this  
Geoff Keyes

Raffle to help a fellow maker

I have permission from the admins to do this (Thanks, guys).

One of my Forged in Fire friends has gotten injured and it's going to affect how he works going forward.  I'd like to help with some cash to cover some of the costs, whether he buys different tools, or pays medical bills, that's up to them.

I'm going to raffle on of my recent pieces, the Harpoon Fighter.  I'm going to sell 200 tickets at $10 a pop.  All of the proceeds will go directly to the fund, we are taking nothing.  Numbers will be FIFO.  I'm going to sell tickets up until October 8, so that I can show the piece at both KC ICCE, and Blade West.  We are still figuring out how to take funds, so for the time being, if you want a ticket (or 2 or 3) PM me and I'll give you an address where to send a check (how 20th century!).

Drawing will be random.  If I sell out and have time, I may consider a second raffle knife.

Thank you for helping me to help a friend.

Geoff

IMG_1445 (800x533).jpg

IMG_1450 (800x533).jpg

IMG_1455 (800x533).jpg

IMG_1467 (800x533).jpg

Geoff

• Like 1

This did not turn out the way I thought it would.  After a disappointing response, I have decided to refund the little I took in and find another way to help my friend.  For the people who responded, thanks for wanting to help me out.  And thanks to the forum for letting me use the platform.

Geoff  

• Sad 3

Sorry to hear that Geoff. You ought to get set up with PayPal. It's super easy. I would've bought a ticket or 2 but I just forgot about it. When the money is easier to spend that problem goes away though. People can buy a ticket from wherever they are if you make the transaction possible via the web. 

I would consider trying this again. I can help walk you through the PayPal setup and help spread the word if youd like.

• Like 1

Worthy knife and worthy cause

• Like 1

On 9/17/2018 at 11:24 PM, Gerhard said:

Worthy knife and worthy cause

Ditto on that !!!!