nprovos

Building a Metal Dust Collector

A lot of us spent a lot of our time in front of the grinder. I ended up getting myself a powered positive pressure respirator to breath clear air. However, the metal dust from the grinder gets everywhere. There is no surface in my shop where I don't get dust. On the other hand, dust collection for metal is surprisingly difficult. Many here use a water-based spark trap which also gets really messy. I found myself with some spare time and the desire to play with sheet metal. So, I am starting to build my own metal dust collector that does not require any water. As usual, I put this exploration on video. So, far I have built a Thien Baffle. Let me know if you have any advice or feedback.

Nice job on the video edits.  I'm still learning how to do them myself.  Not voice add ons.  How ever if you have access to an oxy acetylene torch with a cutting head you could use that to cut out the circle.  They cut through sheet metal like a red hot knife through butter.  I'm not sure if you have access to one of those or not.  But that might be an alternative.