Another Mosaic Hunter

Richard van Dijk

Hi All 

Here is another one, 

Hunter, Mosaic Damascus from the same billet as the previous one, Giraffe Bone ( thank you Jerry Mcclure, Capped with fittings I hand manufacture from old bronze NZ coins, total length 23.5 cm (9.4 inch) blade 12 cm ( 4.8 inch)

I am planning to take this one to the Auckland Blade Show Oct. 6 &7 New Zealand

P1130426.JPG

P1130440.JPG

• Like 3

Richard van Dijk
My link

Nice  !!

• Like 1

If ya can't be good don't git caught  !!                                        People who say stuff can't be done need to

git the hell outta the way of people who do stuff   !!!

Show me a man who is called an expert by his peers         

And I will show you a good man to listen to ......

Show me a man who calls himself an expert

and I will show you an egotistical asshole...............!!

Is the guard a ferrule?  Is it a through tang peened over on the butt cap or a finial? 

That bronze is a great pair with the chocolate color of that bronze.  A lovely knife in all respects.

• Like 1

“In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer."  -Albert Camus

http://www.krakenforge.net/

5 hours ago, Wes Detrick said:

Is the guard a ferrule?  Is it a through tang peened over on the butt cap or a finial? 

That bronze is a great pair with the chocolate color of that bronze.  A lovely knife in all respects.

Yup Wes that is a ferrule, an oval tube that partly fits over the Giraffe bone and the guard hard silver soldered on, I cut a thread at the end of the tang and make up a "nut" a treaded tube with a cap on it.

Richard van Dijk
My link