Sign in to follow this  
JPH

1st Florida Blades

Hello!!

Well I went and done did it...here are the first one of this batch..the first blades I have made here in our new studio down in Florida.. Boy I am ever feeling it..not swinging a hammer for 7 months..I had to drop down from my usual 8# hammer to a wimpy 4# hammer...I am back up to a 6# and I should be back with my "Lil' Nubbin" 8#'r here in another week or so...

All are pattern welded 5 with my infamous Bovine Ivory and one with Red Deer antler.. Turned out ok for someone who is a bit out of practice as they say.. These are for sale on my website...I am posting them presently..I just wanted to give ya'all a sneak peek...

When the next group is done I will post those as well... Hope these pics turn out...

JPH

DSC04788A.jpg

DSC04791A.jpg

DSC04797A.jpg

DSC04798A.jpg

DSC04800A.jpg

DSC04805A.jpg

DSC04808A.jpg

DSC04812A.jpg

DSC04814A.jpg

DSC04817A.jpg

DSC04831A.jpg

DSC04832A.jpg

Edited by JPH
  • Like 4

Glad to see you back forging ahead!  :)

Cool stuff ...................................B)

Wow.  You can forge a blade with one hand and grind with the other all in between  your morning coffee can't you ? Great looking blades.

I know that felt good!  They look perfect.

NIce!  Welcome back to work.

I was worried the hurricane was just close enough to set you back.

B.D.: 

That one went around us..we didn't get much rain either....unlike the less fortunate folks up northwest of us..They got hit hard...

This batch turned out pretty good...I am in the middle of  4 of my "Neo-Viking" swords that I am doing a limited run of 25.. These look pretty spiffy so far...

JPH

I would say you do not look a bit out of practice, Those are awesome.  

The one in the 9th and 10th pictures from the top is outstanding!  Makes me wish that my pockets were a little deeper.

Doug

Very impressive!!!

I'm still trying to figure out how you did the pins in the handles.

On 10/17/2018 at 6:14 PM, JPH said:

I am in the middle of  4 of my "Neo-Viking" swords that I am doing a limited run of 25.. These look pretty spiffy so far...

Hi JPH. Really chuffed to see you up and running again. Please tell me you are planning on posting the Neo-Vikings on here too.

9 hours ago, Jeremy Blohm said:

Very impressive!!!

I'm still trying to figure out how you did the pins in the handles.

Hello:

These are simple to do but take forever...lay out where they go...pre-drill the appropriate sized holes..cut them to length and tap them in... 

JPH

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Charles du Preez said:

Hi JPH. Really chuffed to see you up and running again. Please tell me you are planning on posting the Neo-Vikings on here too.

I should have the first two done tomorrow if all goes well..it looks like I pooched one of  Maiden Hair pattern blades...dang nabbit...well I was due for a FUBAR..

I will post the survivors once I get them done.

JPH

I am glad the move and subsequent troubles didn't take you out JPH.  I love seeing your work up here, and these are no exception.  That first knife and the dagger 5th picture down are right up my alley

Only a six pounder? What a wimp. I could only imagine what your hand shake must be like!!! Happy to hear the worst of the weather missed you, and thank you for sharing your great work. 

Excellent!  Those look great, I really like the fullers in particular.  What a good feeling it must be to be back up and running.
How does the new shop compare to the old?  More space?  Different feel?  Nice to be somewhere new?