Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Blohm

Sunsets of west Michigan

The wife and I catch a lot of sunsets and I'm going to start getting pictures of them all and start a compilation of pictures of the sunsets we see. 

This one is overlooking Silver Lake and the silver lake sand dunes.Resized_20181102_183539.jpg

Another one looking over Lake Michigan. 

Resized_20180409_202208.jpg

Another one looking over Lake Michigan.

Resized_20181215_172535.jpeg

Resized_20181215_172515.jpeg

Resized_20181215_172510.jpeg

Edited by Jeremy Blohm

Thats massize :O

Edited by Conner Michaux
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Conner Michaux said:

Thats massize :O

They don't call them Great Lakes for nothing!  First time I saw Lake Michigan was from the other side in Milwaukee.  It's one thing to know intellectually how big it is, another thing entirely to see for yourself.  Freshwater lake so big it has tides...:ph34r:

10 hours ago, Alan Longmire said:

They don't call them Great Lakes for nothing!  First time I saw Lake Michigan was from the other side in Milwaukee.  It's one thing to know intellectually how big it is, another thing entirely to see for yourself.  Freshwater lake so big it has tides...:ph34r:

I took the high speed catamaran car ferry from muskegon to Milwaukee and it was quite the ride. I've never been so far out on the water where I couldn't see land anywhere. Another thing that was really cool was seeing Niagara falls where the great lakes dump over the edge.  They say there is a stone henge like structure in the grand traverse bay that had to have been built during the last ice age. 

I spend a week in Sheboygan every July, and spend hours walking along the lake shore.  For a guy who grew up fishing for bluegill in 1 acre farm ponds, the great lakes might as well be the ocean.

There were a few years where this massive blue yacht would be moored in the harbor there.  Is was based out of a Detroit suburb, and was a familiar shade of blue, so I looked into it one day on a hunch.  It was the 130' (ish) "Unity" that belongs to a descendant of Henry Ford.  Beats the heck out of the 12' john-boat my dad had...

Resized_20190318_193235(2).jpeg

Still icy eh? It’s 80 degrees and sunny here.

Yeah...there was people out ice fishing the other day. There was open water about 50 yards from them. You would never catch me out there.:(

Ahh it’s 60’s and sunny, great forging weather.  Spring time is near!! 

Posted (edited)

This picture was overlooking silver lake and the silver lake sand dunes again. Tonight were heading to Lake Michigan. The wife (Samantha) and I are planning on going to the other side of the state and getting pictures of the sunrise over lake Huron and racing the sun to the other side of the state and getting pictures of the sunset over lake Michigan all in one day. Maybe I can slip in a stop at Dublin general store.:D

Edited by Jeremy Blohm

This should give you an idea of how cold it can get here in Michigan. This is a picture I just took overlooking Lake Michigan and it is almost totally frozen over. There is just some open water along the shore but when you look close past the open water and you can see all the ice.

Resized_20190319_195531.jpeg

• Like 1

That is an awesome photograph, well done!

• Thanks 1