Sign in to follow this  
Alveprins

"The Moose Hunter" - Multibar Hunter

Hi guys...

Been a while since my last post, so I thought I'd seize the oportunity now that I've finally gotten something new in the works.

Finished the knife today, and will start working on the sheath tomorrow.

I call it "The Moose Hunter". Made to order for a.. you guessed it - Moose Hunter. ;)

Blade in railroad steel and tool steel / ferrier rasps for the edge. Handle in Maple burl, Holly, Mammoth ivory, Moose antler, brass and vulcanized fiber.

Moose Hunter-1.jpg

Moose Hunter-2.jpg

Moose Hunter-3.jpg

Any and all criticism is.. as always - very much welcome. :)

Sincerely, Alveprins.

• Like 1

Very nice! there is a lot of detail in that handle, makes me want to hold it in my hand and examine it from all angles.

The blade is very nice also, but I do think your logo is a bit big, or would look a bit nicer without the square around it.

• Like 1

You have developed a distinctive style all your own in the relatively short time you've been doing this.  That's a good thing!  And a fancy knife, too!

• Like 1

That is a very detailed handle indeed. It compliments the blade and its pattern nicely. I would love to see pics of the sheath when its finished, if you can. 

• Like 1

Holy smokes!!!! That's a good lookin blade right there. 

• Like 1

On 11/22/2018 at 1:28 PM, pieter-pauld said:

Very nice! there is a lot of detail in that handle, makes me want to hold it in my hand and examine it from all angles.

The blade is very nice also, but I do think your logo is a bit big, or would look a bit nicer without the square around it.

Thank you good Sir! Yes - I know several ppl. feel that way about the logo, haha! ^_^ Perhaps you are all correct. I however like it, and find the size to be just about right. And I've yet to hear anything from my customers.

I suppose though, that perhaps it might be better if it was a tad smaller. Or like you say, without the square.
I'm far too lazy to order new stencils though. :lol:

On 11/22/2018 at 2:19 PM, Alan Longmire said:

You have developed a distinctive style all your own in the relatively short time you've been doing this.  That's a good thing!  And a fancy knife, too!

I suppose I've found my style, sort of.. yeah. :) I find that when I free-hand I always seem to gravitate towards "something like this"... :D

On 11/22/2018 at 3:12 PM, Will W. said:

That is a very detailed handle indeed. It compliments the blade and its pattern nicely. I would love to see pics of the sheath when its finished, if you can. 

Actually, I wanted to make more details, but... I had to remind myself not to put more work into the knife than I get paid for. I always tend to do that, because it could always be just a tad better.. just one more little detail.. just... just something. At some point one simply needs to tell oneself - stop. That is enough. :lol:

• Like 1

Very nice again. What does the inscription say?

Edited by Charles du Preez
It’s going to be moose hunter isn’t it?
  • Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:56 AM, Charles du Preez said:

Very nice again. What does the inscription say?

thank you. :)

It is on request from the customer. It says: "May I hold your hand, hold it for just a little while..."

His wife's knife is still in the works, and the inscription of that one will read something slightly similar to that.

9 hours ago, Austin_Lyles said:

Style indeed. Alan is right. You've come a long way in a short distance. Absolutely well done.

Thanks man, I do my best. :)

Actually, I will sew the sheath this afternoon. Final pictures will be up by this evening - Norwegian time. :)

Here's the sheath pictures:

Elg Jegeren-1.jpg

Elg Jegeren-2.jpg

The sheath is sewn with saddlers' stitching using tiger thread.
The material itself is vegetable tanned leather, stained with black leather stain, with impressions painted green to match the green of the handle.

• Like 1

Nice. Definitely suits the knife well.

• Like 1