Sign in to follow this  
Matthew Parkinson

some recent work , for NYCKS

I closed my books in Sept to make the knives for My ABS mastersmith presentation, and to prepare knives for the several shows i signed up to do over the next 5 months first up was NY custom Knife show. 

MP

Parkinson_181116B-wweb.jpg

Parkinson_181116D-wweb (1).jpg

Parkinson_181116C-wweb.jpg

• Like 4

Yes, bigger pics! When are you presenting for MS?

10 hours ago, Joshua States said:

Yes, bigger pics! When are you presenting for MS?

shooting for blade show in june, did my performance test two weeks ago with JD smith. 

10 hours ago, Alan Longmire said:

You're doing folders now?  Cool!

yeah I decided I hate myself and the swords just were not causing enough pain anymore :) mostly slip joints with a few lockbacks thrown in as well. 

Wow, that is some fantastic pieces Matthew. I really love the duck knife!! 

4 hours ago, Matthew Parkinson said:

did my performance test two weeks ago with JD smith. 

Saw the video. Very smooth break test, Harsh language though.....:o

A surface grinder makes folders easier. Are your bolsters integral, soldered, or welded?

bolster on this one are milled out of solid stock. surface grinder helps for sizing and the miller helps with setting the lands but 2/3 of the work is with files still .. hateful little things slip joints..

yeah the language got away from me a bit there , that was a long weekend and there MAY have been drinking involved (not when i was testing )... once I got to the bend I knew i would pass so I got a little loose.. 

Gotta love your inlay work! Always like seeing ya post Matthew. You're not swearin', until your caring. :D

Edited by Austin_Lyles

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:50 AM, Matthew Parkinson said:

bolster on this one are milled out of solid stock.

I did one of those a long time ago. Cut the front bolsters with a dovetail cutter and the back ones straight......terrible idea. After that, I started spot welding nickel silver bolsters to nickel silver liners and hand sanding the liners smooth.....another terrible idea.

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:50 AM, Matthew Parkinson said:

hateful little things slip joints..

I was all set to disagree with you and then I started writing the above. Then I realized I don't make folders anymore. Wonder why?

you know you can"t deny it :)..they are are a good challenge though

22 hours ago, Joshua States said:

I did one of those a long time ago. Cut the front bolsters with a dovetail cutter and the back ones straight......terrible idea. After that, I started spot welding nickel silver bolsters to nickel silver liners and hand sanding the liners smooth.....another terrible idea.

I was all set to disagree with you and then I started writing the above. Then I realized I don't make folders anymore. Wonder why?