Sign in to follow this  
TheoRockNazz

Nazz & Kirck Collaboration Chopper Series

I am happy to finally show off the economy custom chopper series we've been working on the past six months!

The blades are all 80CrV2 high carbon tool steel forged to shape, rough ground, and heat treated by yours truly; then final ground and assembled by Justin Kirck, who also made the leather sheathes. Handle materials include stabilized burls, hybrids, micartas, and hardwoods. While this isn't the completed set, the choppers here are great representation of the fun materials we got to play with.

More collaborations are on the horizon, I will keep yall in the loop!

TheoRockNazz.com - JustinTheBlacksmith.com

kirckChoppers10.thumb.jpeg.ead39b6bc576d365d12c01d09046d907.jpegkirckChoppers9.thumb.jpeg.0d1a25e686f03b3d0158e4a76c0f29cb.jpegkirckChoppers8.thumb.jpeg.e5e54726bedf8d884bd784f3de9500f7.jpegkirckChoppers7.thumb.jpeg.87af91eb73f5d846da3d1508079c21d9.jpegkirckChoppers5.thumb.jpeg.3e4ce3e69c56ca58089507fa8e471e30.jpegkirckChoppers6.thumb.jpeg.0debbb45ffae55b3295fe3d900312a6e.jpegkirckChoppers1.thumb.jpg.1d108f2f13ec8c3f5634b26ff87c16d8.jpg

Edited by TheoRockNazz
  • Like 2

Cool stuff Theo. I know no two will be exactly alike, but could you share some rough vital statistics please?

1 hour ago, Charles du Preez said:

Cool stuff Theo. I know no two will be exactly alike, but could you share some rough vital statistics please?

Sure! They all range from 9.25 to 10 inches of blade, 1/4 inch thick and 2 inches wide. Triple step down normalized, spheroidized annealed, quenched in Parks 50, tempered for 4 hours at 400F and then the spines were blued.

Sweet 

Nice stuff (as always) Theo. I've been following a student of yours, Stephanie Aiuto. She's quite gifted.

(Her father Tony & I went to high school together. He was supposed to take a lesson with you, but I never heard how that turned out)

Edited by Joshua States

On 12/20/2018 at 10:25 AM, Joshua States said:

Nice stuff (as always) Theo. I've been following a student of yours, Stephanie Aiuto. She's quite gifted.

(Her father Tony & I went to high school together. He was supposed to take a lesson with you, but I never heard how that turned out)

Whoaw! Small world. Yeah Toni has a crazy schedule so it's been hard to get him back in

9 hours ago, TheoRockNazz said:

it's been hard to get him back in

Tony suffers from immense inertia. It can take a huge amount of energy to get him to deviate from being at rest. I'll put a bug in his ear.

In the meantime, are those handle appliques some of your 3-D printing?

On 12/22/2018 at 9:58 AM, Joshua States said:

In the meantime, are those handle appliques some of your 3-D printing?

Yes they are, good eye :)

• Thanks 1