Sign in to follow this  
Alveprins

Custom Leather Collar "The Pearl Heart"

Alright, so Winter Solstice is coming up, and I needed to make a little something for a certain special little Lady - the same one that received the "Heart Piercer" last year - found HERE.

So, - I present to you... a little something - the Pearl Heart - a custom leather collar. ^_^

Made from 2mm thick vegetable tanned leather - stained (obviously) with red leather stain, as well as antique black leather stain. Details are painted with a fine brush - also in black leather stain.
The heart itself is carved from Mother of Pearl using needle files and very fine gritted paper- and sewn in place using Tiger Thread.
It closes in the back with a little pin.

The Diameter of the collar is 10 cm, and the heart is 2,7 x 2,4 cm.

Collar-3.jpg

Collar-2.jpg

If only my hands were a bit steadier, those lines would've been quite a bit more even... Though I suppose it gives it more of a hand-made look... :lol:

Anyhow, I know it's not knife or blade related - but I thought it might be of interest anyway. :)

Sincerely, Alveprins.

I made this 2 years ago when I first started smithing. Also part of the first billet of Damascus I ever made. 

For the wife, figured she might not complain about how much time I spemd in the shop if every now and then something like this comes up for her. 

D00A095D-1677-4F89-A933-31064F047797.jpeg

041AAFDE-A235-4C4D-9AD6-A68BBBD8D058.jpeg

5CAFF6DC-4849-40A2-8FC0-FD8BD0A8640E.jpeg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JClonts said:

I made this 2 years ago when I first started smithing. Also part of the first billet of Damascus I ever made.

For the wife, figured she might not complain about how much time I spemd in the shop if every now and then something like this comes up for her.

That's a lovely necklace man. :)

I made a similar key-ring for my little Lady... Some scrapmascus (same billet as a knife I made for her). She really loved it. :)

I find it interesting to sometimes make some little things that are not necessarily sharp... :lol: It is a nice change every once in a while. ^_^