Jeremy Blohm

KITH 2019?

So how does KITH work, Knife in the hat right? So kinda like everyone makes a knife under a certain topic, and you draw names to see who gets who's knife?

• Like 1

Exactly....kinda like a Christmas gift exchange. 

I'm in.  I had a lot of fun with this years KITH. 

A couple of theme ideas:

3" locking folder

>7" dagger

• Like 1

Hope I can do this in 2020. Thumbs up on the folder idea ;)

• Like 1

I like the friction folder idea. maybe a camp axe or camp knife 

I like the folder idea. It's something small and easy to commit to, but complex enough to keep the gears turning.... But on the other hand the dagger sounds cool! 

What about a blade of the maker's choosing within a loose set of parameters?  Like a 5" bladed knife. Or a "carry knife"? Something you could run wild with. Just a thought. 

I like the thought of that. Let everyone make what they like/there style.

I would like In for next year.  Have you guys done spears before?  Or maybe something more practical, like a kitchen knife in pattern weld?   I like the idea of loose set of parameters to keep the creativity flowing...

Maybe do a set of two or three smalls?

Edited by Bruno

Something viking is going to be my suggestion for this years KITH.

Save the Viking stuff for KITH 2020 when I am experienced enough to do it :P:lol:

• Like 1

That would be fine with me. I'm going to participate no matter what the theme is. It gives me the extra kick in the butt to make something outside my comfort zone.B)

I would participate if If I had A working forge at the beginning of this year, then I would have more than a month of experience. But sadly that is not the case...

Wait for the theme to be decided before you count yourself out Connor.  It may end up being something right up your alley.

Thats true.

I kinda like the idea of fixed blade EDC's But thats not much of a challenge for ya'll.

So how does this work? Do we end up taking a Vote on what to make or does somebody just pick?

7 minutes ago, JASON VOLKERT said:

So how does this work? Do we end up taking a Vote on what to make or does somebody just pick?

At some point, someone must open a poll. I'm not sure if anyone can do it or not. @Wesley Alberson started it last year I believe. I dont know if its appropriate for me to do it since I've only participated once before and don't know exactly how this stuff works.

Anybody that knows what they're doing out there lol? 

• Thanks 1

Everyone throws out ideas and it ends up coming down to a vote on what to make. I'm not sure how to make the poll but @Wesley Alberson does. After the poll is made everyone votes on the theme. Last year was a magical themed blade. Once the theme is set everyone who wants to participate makes a blade based on the theme while doing a WIP post of your progress. When everyone is finished someone puts all the names in a hat and the blades get exchanged based on the results of the names drawn.

• Thanks 1

I'd be interested in some sort of folder.  I've been wanting to design one since I sat through a demo by Steve Culver.

I'm in whatever the theme turns out to be, I always have a lot of fun participating.

I rather like the idea of doing a fancy arrowhead myself, it would be way out of my comfort zone and probably a lot of fun