Jeremy Blohm

KITH 2019?

I think I will be in this year as well. 

I would be game for Friction folders, have a set of 4 on my desk right now that I need to finish as a matter of fact.   But something Viking would be a fun challenge, I have been wanting to give a multibar attempt a decent go for a while now.  And I finally think my quality has increased to the point where I dont feel like whoever draws mine is getting the short end of the stick. 

If going for folders, why not go all in with a lockback,  or maybe italian style spring loaded stilleto? That would be both fun and challenging. I've never done either.

Edited by Bruno

If we do a folder, I'll be doing a lock back, but I wouldn't want to make that a requirement.  I'd suggest any kind of folding design.

When should we start the poll? 

Looks like we got a few things to vote on. 

Arrow head, 5" bladed knife, folder, Viking

Or should we wait to let more ideas come up first? 

54 minutes ago, Zeb Camper said:

5" bladed knife

Is that the EDC theme idea?

Let's give it until the 1st, then start the poll, poll to end Feb 1, delivery by Sept 1.  I've got one more to throw into them mix, something like this

IMG_1574 (800x533).jpg

Maybe this fits the 5 inch utility

Edited by Geoff Keyes

2 hours ago, Conner Michaux said:

Is that the EDC theme idea?

Yeah, my thought was just a knife of carry size Not necessarily 5"; just a number I threw out. I felt like that would allow the maker to do a small viking style knife, or a folder, or an edc, a fantasy blade. Anything that could be carried daily to do chores or have on hand to tackle the random cutting job. The rest would be up to the makers imagination. 

I like it Geoff!

1 hour ago, Zeb Camper said:

Yeah, my thought was just a knife of carry size Not necessarily 5"; just a number I threw out. I felt like that would allow the maker to do a small viking style knife, or a folder, or an edc, a fantasy blade. Anything that could be carried daily to do chores or have on hand to tackle the random cutting job. The rest would be up to the makers imagination

If that happens to be the choice of topic, I think I might...MIGHT be able to participate. 

The thing holding me up about participating is that I'm probably the least experienced of all the people that want to participate. All though I think I could fulfill most of the themes. I do have a lot of knowledge far beyond my skill level, so I know how to do most of this stuff, but when it comes to actually doing it...well you get the point.

Edited by Conner Michaux

5 hours ago, Conner Michaux said:

If that happens to be the choice of topic, I think I might...MIGHT be able to participate. 

The thing holding me up about participating is that I'm probably the least experienced of all the people that want to participate. All though I think I could fulfill most of the themes. I do have a lot of knowledge far beyond my skill level, so I know how to do most of this stuff, but when it comes to actually doing it...well you get the point.

One thing I love about the KITH on this forum is that you can drop out without any hard feelings. I suggest you just start, and if you really think your blade isn't good enough you can choose to drop out and you will still have learned something from your attempt.

I will also say that I do not mind recieving a blade from a ''beginner'', we all have to start somewhere, and a KITH is about having fun and pushing your boundaries,not about making flawless work.

• Like 2

That's what I found as well. Last year I tried all kinds of new stuff. KITH caused me to start doing wolf's teeth and serpent patterns in multibar (although the serpent failed). It really causes you to do better than you thought possible of yourself. 

So yeah, give it a go Conner! You might just surprise yourself.

I will do it if its a theme in my wheel house. :)

Edited by Conner Michaux

KITH is about community and connection.  We are too far flung to be able to get together in person, but we can send a bit of ourselves out and get a bit of someone else in return.  Don't worry about your skill level, do your best and be proud of where you are right now, and by all means, participate.

Geoff

• Like 5

You may have just convinced me Geoff. Perhaps someone here will have a taste of my finitiob in 2019 :lol:.

Can everyone vote or only the people participating or considering?

If people vote, it probably means they are watching to see if they want to play.  I don't think it matters.

g

2 hours ago, Joël Mercier said:

You may have just convinced me Geoff. Perhaps someone here will have a taste of my finitiob in 2019 :lol:.

Whoopieeeee!!!

2 hours ago, Joël Mercier said:

Perhaps someone here will have a taste of my finitiob in 2019

Finitoib? Explain :huh:

2 minutes ago, Conner Michaux said:

Finitoib? Explain :huh:

It's Joëls ranking. :lol:

Finitiob can't be explained as well as it can be observed and ultimately practiced. I'll let Joël (the master) explain.

1 minute ago, Zeb Camper said:

Finitiob can't be explained as well as it can be observed and ultimately practiced. I'll let Joël (the master) explain.

Im still extremely confused.... lol :huh:

51 minutes ago, Zeb Camper said:

It's Joëls ranking. :lol:

I'd rather not, I like it mysterious...

I will go with the family (majority). A simple folder would be a nice experience.

I sure can respect that. :)