Filing jig question 2

So have started the knife and i want to start filing. So I have started making the jig but i was wondering about the file stop that forms the plunge line. Where do i place it if i want a straight plunge line because it seems as though i would have to put the stop just right or left of the centre line in order for the file edge to be perpendicular to the knife edge but then consequently there would have to be a hole in the same place opposite side of the line for when i flip the knife over, or should i simply angle the the knife and put the stop in the middle 

1 hour ago, Joël Mercier said:

These holes should be done every 2" across the whole width. Then have your file rest against the bolt and align your plunge line and clamp the knife.

But then naturally if the file isn't in the middle of the board it will give a slanted plunge line (if the edge of the knife is parallel to the board edge) . Do i just angle the knife then in relation to the board edge so the direction i want the  punge line, lines up with the file?

Remember that these jigs are not like YouTube videos on building a space shuttle that will dock with the space station. They are really just a principle that you can adapt to your particular needs.