Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

Work Sharp Knife and Tool Sharpener Ken Onion Edition

So this tool @Vern Wimmer linked the main website to me it listed the price for around 160 dollars.  I happened to find it on Amazon for a bit cheaper of a price with prime account delivery didn't cost anything.  I ordered it on Christmas Eve and it got here today.  So relatively quickly.  So far with the first initial use and use of the belt that comes on it out of the box.  It seems you'd  think that it wont sharpen anything.  But as soon as you have a blade in the machine be ready to watch sparks fly.  I tried this inside the house yes to get a feel for it.  How ever I do NOT recommend using this machine inside your house PLEASE use it in your shops or outside.  It does throw sparks.  I only did a couple test passes with the blade to see if it works.  Yep  I can say that I'm satisfied with this.  I think in the long run it will pay for itself indefinitely many times over.  I would say if you want a good product this is definitely one to invest in.  I usually try not to by cheap junk so the item will last me.  Especially with knife sharpeners.   So not only will this be great for sharpening home made blades out of the forge it will be great for sharpening my kitchen knives and multiple other things.  I do not have  webcam so I can't do a video on this one.  Too dangerous to operate with one hand.  But yes this was a worthy investment.  So if you are thinking about this item and have the funds available I would get one.

IMG_20181228_125315698.jpg

IMG_20181228_124913178.jpg

IMG_20181228_124855450.jpg

First test 6 passes each side of the knife sharpener.  It cuts.

Edited by AndrewB

I got one as a birthday gift a few years back and I'm pretty impressed with it actually. I was initially skeptical as it seemed sorta gimmicky but its certainly been very useful for me.