Sign in to follow this  
Gregory Lirot

Cherry Burl Handle stock

Posted (edited)

Black cherry burl I cut and dried about 3 years ago. They were cut to 2 1/2 inches square and have shrunk to about 2 1/4- 2 3/8th. Obviously they warped, but they are dry as a popcorn fart and over sized enough that you can still get some pretty chunky, square handles out of them. You can probably get about 20-25ish handles out of them depending on size and figure you want. Id expect a lower yield if you were particularly picky about figure. 

Sold the two peices discussed below. Asking $15 for the smaller, or plain pieces and $25 for the big, full figured pieces. Im paying for shipping on any lot that adds up to $40 or more to the CONUS. 

If anyone is local to me, I have full un-cut burls that are too big to ship but the right size for turning something cool out of. 

IMG_20190105_115059610.jpg

IMG_20190105_115106633.jpg

IMG_20190105_115133307.jpg

IMG_20190105_115225887.jpg

Edited by Gregory Lirot

I would look at block #1 and the top block in the lower pic (without number) if you were to break the all or nothing deal.

8 hours ago, Garry Keown said:

I would look at block #1 and the top block in the lower pic (without number) if you were to break the all or nothing deal.

Ive never shipped internationally and would prefer to sell it all as a lot. Its just easier. Ive been selling this stuff piecemeal for about a year and just want to be rid of it. But, Im willing to deal if the price is right. 

4 hours ago, Gregory Lirot said:

Ive never shipped internationally and would prefer to sell it all as a lot. Its just easier. Ive been selling this stuff piecemeal for about a year and just want to be rid of it. But, Im willing to deal if the price is right. 

I have a US agent so it would be US local post (Illinois)