Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Blohm

Straight peen hammer.

Posted (edited)

I won this off of an auction (I know I have an auction addiction) in a box of a bunch of garage like things. At first in the pictures I thought it was just another ball peen hammer. This auction sight takes terrible pictures but for $5.05 just a couple of the tools were worth what i paid. It has a chip out of the straight peen part. I am tempted to upset it and re-forge it out.Resized_20190109_124538.jpegResized_20190109_124612.jpegResized_20190109_124605.jpegResized_20190109_124624.jpeg

Edited by Jeremy Blohm

What auction site do you use?? eBay?

Nice find, looks like it could use some cleaning up and touching up a bit though.

This was off of http://jnjonlineauction.com/ and I also use https://www.orbitbid.com/ but they are both local auctions. The first one is place where people bring there things and the auction company takes all the pictures and do the leg work and they charge a certain percentage. The second one is where I go for industrial type equipment like that big motor I just won. They actually prey on big companies that go out of business and sell off all there assets. I was going to buy a surface grinder last week but I wasn't quite set up to move it and it went just a little over what I was prepared to pay. There was a couple of surface grinders that went for like $300.

Here is one of the $300 surface grinders from last weeks auction