Sign in to follow this  
Joshua States

Decisions, decisions Hmmm

So, this got me thinking I should make some more slip joint folders, because it's been a few years and I already have the templates in a Gatorade can in the shop. They are really 3 different blade types in two different sizes, with 3 different handle shapes. Some of the blades are interchangeable with some of the handle shapes. Basically, there's a Warncliff, a clipped point, and a dropped point blade.

Templates V2.jpg

Look in the lower right corner and you will see I also found two Damascus blades and one Damascus spring left over from a project that never got made. 

Damascus Pieces parts V2.jpg

I also have this little straight blade with a tight W-pattern that could make a nice EDC. I'd do one of my 3-finger frame handles.

EDC  (1) V2.jpg

EDC  (2) V2.jpg

Then again, there's always the O-1 option. Those cut like mad.

• Like 1

For KITH? You should finish the Damascus folder. That’s just my opinion though.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Conner Michaux said:

For KITH? You should finish the Damascus folder. That’s just my opinion though.

Well, that's one vote. Anyone else?

Here’s an idea use both blades on the same one.  Multi blade folder.

That slip joint seems neat! Plus I decided to make one instead of a Japanese style friction. My goal will be to try and do something similar to yours in mono steel. 

If it causes you to lean one way or the other, I will most likely be doing a slip-joint for my entry.

• Like 1

I'd say slip joint but then I saw that little straight blade. I really like that little straight blade

I spent this weekend at a gun and knife show and was lucky to bump into some of the top notch blacksmiths in my area. We talked about my upcoming project for KITH and I am more excited than ever to be doing it this time around! I'm sticking with the friction folder and I cant wait to see what everyone else comes up with.

Joshua, I don't know if this will help or only muddy the waters but I really like that little  W pattern fixed blade. When I make fixed blades of that size I usually make a pouch type sheath for inside the front pocket carry with a spring clip made onto the sheath. I love having the strength of a fixed blade in a pocket sized package. I'm sure whatever you decide on will be awesome and I look forward to seeing where this project takes everyone!

Seems I am not the only one with projects floating around I have not finished that now could work for the KITH... 

I am going to stick to friction folder for my Kith, but that fixed blade would be a sweet EDC, Now you have me contemplating grinding my blade out of one of the billets I have floating about the shop instead of W2...