• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
J.Arthur Loose

USA / Vermont - J.Arthur Loose

3 posts in this topic

J.Arthur Loose

Central Vermont

802 583 1070

(9 AM - 9 PM EST)

www.jloose.com

I hold a BFA in Jewelry & Metalsmithing from Maine College of Art, class of '93, including multiple teaching-assistant positions. Since then I have taught classes at several craft schools & assisted with numerous public demonstrations.

I've taught Jewelry classes at Shelburne Craft School (Now Shelburne Art Center,) and I've taught multiple courses at Peter's Valley Craft School: Crafts of the Blade, Intro to Bladesmithing and Damascus Making.

I am licensed to teach grades 7-12 with an Art endorsement in the state of Vermont and presently teach Jewelry & Metalsmithing, and have taught Printmaking & Intro to Art as well.

I offer one-on-one instruction in bladesmithing, pattern welding & jewelry techniques in my studio in Vermont. Instruction is tailored to your interests & abilities. I offer full days as well as two-hour weekly classes.

I am actively seeking more workshop opportunities.

Edited to update various information.

Edited by J.Arthur Loose

From what I can tell, J would be a good choice, (I also couldnt tand to see the last poster every time I came to our forum),,,

jm

Oh Mr Loose, I wish I knew about you when I did my apprenticeship at the Historic blacksmith shop in Grafton 6 months of last year.