After all these years I finally made a knife for me.  I made Pattern Welded blades for all my kids and grandkids for Christmas.  Jackie insisted that the blades for my twins be made out of the same billet, as well as the blades for my two granddaughters in Texas, then I made a twisted pattern for my son and Jackie wanted one too.  Then she decided that we should both have knives out of the same billet so here is my knife it is 48 layers of 15N20 and 1095 twisted 4 turns.  I have made knives for me before and someone waved money in front of my nose and being the money grubber I am, I always took the cash.  I don't know what would happen if someone offers me money for this one, it may result in my untimely demise ;).  Anyway here it is for what it is worth,  I left it laying around and the cats didn't bury it in the litter box so at least they think it is ok.  The handle is pieces of Corain Counter Top with brass shims between the two colors.

my knife.jpg

Edited by Richard A. (Woody) Hanson
  • Like 6

Ya did good there, Woody.  If someone wants it tell them that you'll be happy to make one just like it but that one's yours.

Doug

Beautiful piece. The handle meets the blade perfectly.

Nice job on the pic too. The background is well chosen.

Its a nice little dagger,, with a nice zebra pattern.  What did you use for the handle material?

That's a keeper! That's also the coolest Corian handle I've ever seen. Great color choice and awesome geometry. Well done!

The background material was chosen by my Wife, Jackie, she used to be a photographer before her eyes went bad on her.  She has a lot of talent.  She is also a pretty good blacksmith helper too.  The comment about the zebra pattern is cool, I was thinking about naming it the Zebra

Beautiful blade Richard. I really like the handle colors and the steel pattern is eye catching. I ask my wife frequently for advise along those lines. Very nice work. Do you have plans for a sheath?

6 hours ago, Shane Savage said:

I've never seen a granite handle, is it easy to dill without cracking them? that's a nice blade all around

It's Corian, a kind of plastic resin stuff.  It's a little chippy, but works easily.  

• Like 1