Cody Killgore

Any other good sources of information on Bowie knives?

I've been trying to read up on Bowie knives. Picked up this book not too long ago and have been going through it. It's pretty good. Was wondering if there were any other sources either online or other good books that might be worth reading on the subject.

bowiebook.jpg

These 2 books have a TON of information (got sure defense in on Sunday). It's going to take me a while to digest it all. Also, someone just gave me a copy of Mr Bagwell's Bowies, Big Knives, and I can't remember the rest. From what I understand, it's a compilation of some articles he wrote in a publication.

Edited by Cody Killgore

Cody,

The Flaydermann book along with the Zaleski/Worthen book are the two best all around Bowie knife books.  Another that is excellent is The Antique Bowie Knife Book by Adams/Voyles/Moss but is  out  of print and can be a bit expensive.  Another that is well  worth reading is Dr. James Batson's book on coffin handle Bowies.  You will need to get it directly from him or from The Alabama Forge Council.

I'll keep an eye out. That coffin handle one sounds right up my alley. I'll try to get in touch with Dr. Batson.

Thanks!!

And I did order a couple DVD's that Dr. Batson has put out through the ABS on bowie knives last weekend. I'm hoping they'll be in the mail tomorrow.