RobertMunford

water water everywhere rain rain go away

I didn't do anything today.  four inches of water where forge is at.  needed chest waders to get there.  lol   dry shop stayed dry thank goodness.  stayed in had chicken soup and continued getting better from type a flu.

it is now 8:30 pm and still raining and my toes are starting to grow webs.  and I keep wanting to say quack quack.  Lol

rain01.jpg

Lol dang you got flooded out.  I would suggest raising the area of your shop with concrete maybe?  just to keep the water out.  You must have a field that is bowled out and you are at the bottom of the bowl.  

Yeah that's where my shop is but that is the only place I could put it. I'll be okay I'll raise up the outside floor just a little bit more and I'll be okay

Id love to be out there forging in the rain, but I also just got over a flu that really kicked my butt, I dont think I shiver anymore though and thats nice because I think I cracked my sternum from shivering too much last year. I couldnt sit on a couch without pain in my chest, I would shiver extremely easily though, doesnt help that im tall and skinny. But I enjoy the rain and water so much, I just cant stand it when its cold. 

I live on a hill but the water table here has been about a foot away from the surface with heavy rain, I had a deep hole in the backyard and it was full, you could see the clear water coming through the limestone. I stand in a hole in my forge so I dont need stands for everything so next time the water table is way up like that ill be forging a special keris knee deep in water.

I hope none of your stuff gets messed up. My yard floods pretty easy in some places but my forge is in a good spot.

Awesome, I am going to end up in a similar set up temporarily, forging in a lean to next to the tool shed. Maybe just throw some sand/ gravel where your forge is to get it up a couple of inches? Thats what I did when our tool shed entrance turned into a mudhole.

If only you could send us some, over here animals are dying in the veld....one sub-normal rainfall year following a killer drought. and this year the killer is back.

8 hours ago, Gerhard Gerber said:

If only you could send us some, over here animals are dying in the veld....one sub-normal rainfall year following a killer drought. and this year the killer is back.

Sorry to hear about your drought.  I see blue and Etosha above you.  Is that supposed to be a large lake.  I went to aerial view  on my map and it looks like it is almost dry.  And then I look to the west of you and see a desert so you must be very dry in the best of years.  With so dry you probably don't get to fish much.  so happy hiking and hammer hard in the forge.

8 hours ago, Stephen Asay said:

Awesome, I am going to end up in a similar set up temporarily, forging in a lean to next to the tool shed. Maybe just throw some sand/ gravel where your forge is to get it up a couple of inches? Thats what I did when our tool shed entrance turned into a mudhole.

I have 4 inches of crushed lime stone in smithy area so that stays reasonably nice in normal rains but this was a frog strangler of the bull frog size.  LOL  Water is all gone this morning so just the mud getting there.  Shop floor in building stays dry, I had 10 inches of blocks that it was set on just for the reason in the picture.  Delivery man wasn't to happy with me but set it up and made it nice and level.  Many years ago about in 81 I think it was.  I was in Bremerton on a ship going through the yards.  This was back when "wasted days and wasted nights" was a popular song.  The skipper played it on all the speakers of the ship when we pulled out, boy did he get a nasty gram from the admiral up there.  LOL Have a great day

10 hours ago, steven smith said:

Id love to be out there forging in the rain, but I also just got over a flu that really kicked my butt, I dont think I shiver anymore though and thats nice because I think I cracked my sternum from shivering too much last year. I couldnt sit on a couch without pain in my chest, I would shiver extremely easily though, doesnt help that im tall and skinny. But I enjoy the rain and water so much, I just cant stand it when its cold. 

I live on a hill but the water table here has been about a foot away from the surface with heavy rain, I had a deep hole in the backyard and it was full, you could see the clear water coming through the limestone. I stand in a hole in my forge so I dont need stands for everything so next time the water table is way up like that ill be forging a special keris knee deep in water.

I hope none of your stuff gets messed up. My yard floods pretty easy in some places but my forge is in a good spot.

Nothing is hurt was out this morning and looked.  I had a cough with mine and hurt for awhile.  My doc caught mine early enough that it didn't get to bad.  Feeling good enough to go out and putter today.  At my age all I do is putter anymore.  LOL

I had a fever and joint pain, i kind of have to scoot to the foot of my bed to get out of it and my arms and hands were hurting the most so that wasnt fun, but after I got better I finished a bunch of knives and was spending a lot of my time working on others and getting my tools ready.