Sign in to follow this  
Brian Dougherty

Amusing mental picture

There are times where I have to spend my day at work writing reports, proposals, or other mind numbing stuff.  This is one of those days.

Usually, I fire up Pandora and have some music playing while I type.  Thanks to this group, I discovered the Viking Metal genre a couple of years ago.  To steal a catch phrase from an online Whisky community I am a part of "You magnificent bastards!"

Now picture this: 

A middle aged executive, sitting behind two computer monitors with a sport coat hanging of the back of his chair.  Papers strewn across the desk, with a MontBlanc 149 sitting uncapped on a notepad.  An adjoining office with a relatively conservative administrative professional keeping the place running smoothly...

...and the gentle sound of Ensiferum wafting through her door.

• Haha 1

I got that beat..

Scene: A forge area..an old man..late 60's..built like an ex-football player, stoved up and somewhat crippled, yet still virile and manly..moving with a cat like grace ... with hair growing everywhere OTHER than the top of his head..wearing nothing more than an grease and sweat soaked  loin cloth as well as a light coat of oil generously rubbed into his tough, leathery hide,  all of this  while holding a red rose in his teeth..quickly and with deliberate movements, removes a white hot bundle of steel from the flaming, fiery  mouth of the Hell-forge,  and with great haste, and yet,  with the greatest of care.. places it on his anvil and with massive blows from a 8# hammer, he welds the bundle into a single piece of pattern welded steel..With an immense shower of sparks, flux and slag raining over and around him.... the sizzling sound arises as each glowing star strikes his naked skin.. his glistening sweat extinguishing the hot, molten metal.. steam rises from his sweat soaked brow.. in the background  plays  Verdi's "Anvil Chorus" from his opera, Il Trovatore...

(OK I will rat myself out...this is just a description of me actually working day by day,.and  what kind of mental picture does THIS give ya?? HUH???!!) Waa Haa HAAA ha!!

FAB-

JPH

Edited by JPH
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, JPH said:

... with hair growing everywhere OTHER than the top of his head..wearing nothing more than an grease and sweat soaked  loin cloth as well as a light coat of oil generously rubbed into his tough, leathery hide,  

The problem with mental pictures is that they are still there even after you have stabbed your eyes out...:P

• Like 1