Sign in to follow this  
R. Hundley

Shalom from the Rebbe

Shalom and good morning!  I am a rabbi hailing from the quiet village of Las Vegas.  I have a profound love and interest in all things involving bladesmithing and weaponry.  I have little practical experience with such things, however, and I look forward to learning from you.  May HaShem bless and keep you!

Welcome to the forums, starting out can be cheap and easy or expensive.  Many others will say this and I will suggest it as well.  If you are able to and can afford it I would suggest taking a general blacksmithing class and then if you are still interested a bladesmithing class.  That way you can "try before you buy" sort of thing.  Good luck in your venture.

Welcome :)  This is by far the best place on the interweb with respect to both content and temperament.

My college fencing coach was a rabbi.  He used to kick my butt up and down the strip until I couldn't stand anymore, then regale me with some sort of history lesson while I caught my breath.  He was the definition of "Teacher" :)  (and we all loved him for it)

Welcome Rabbi. Speaking as someone who loves to ponder the unanswerable questions regarding time and eternity,  I'm glad to see theology in your Interests column! Hopefully we can talk ancient weaponry too! Welcome to the coolest place on the web.

Shalom gentleman, I appreciate your warm welcome.  It is readily evident that this is the place to be!  The way I see it, bladesmithing and theology are intricately connected.  I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Shalom and blessings with a welcome to the forum. Having a "profound interest" is a great start in both blade making and theology. I dare say that many of us share the same interests.