Sign in to follow this  
Gerhard Gerber

Knives are.........?

My Dad (72) is busy building a monster sheath for the knife I made him, fire steel loop, little pouch on the front and everything.....

So yesterday he's busy working on the sheath, checking the fit of the knife.......and he drops it....

I don't have to fix the tip, it pegged into his calf....blood pooled in his Croc, blood everywhere, two stitches and a Tetanus shot.

It was this knife: https://www.bladesmithsforum.com/index.php?/topic/38188-dads-design/ 

One should be so lucky to be pegged buy such a pretty knife.     Could have been worse, might have scratched the finish! :o    Or you know, lost a toe.

Hope your dad is O.K.  :)

Edited by Bruno

Ouch ouch ouch.  When I was in Baghdad I went to cut open a frozen bottle of water to drop into my camel pack. Welp the blade slipped went right through to the bone.  Hope he’s alright.  In the calf to gah that had to be painful.

Edited by AndrewB

He's fine, thanks......will show off his sheath once done.

He was also diagnosed with Hemachromatosis........too much iron in the blood, so I see some teasing coming! :D

• Haha 1

I'm glad that the accident was not all that serious and led to a diagnosis of something serious.  I suppose that he's going to have to go in for some blood letting.

Doug

• Haha 1

The doc said he could stop eating red meat, but knowing what we're like all the gains would be erased by one overindulgence :lol:

She recommended he donates blood B) 

When I was in the Navy stationed at Portsmouth, Va Naval Hospital blood bank we had some regulars with hemachromatosis and polycythemia who had to come in for a regular blood letting.  We would just draw a fat donor unit (regulations wouldn't  allow us to use the blood as a donation) until their blood indicies returned to normal.

Doug