Sign in to follow this  
Shane Savage

Metro Exodus game replica knife

Not everyone's cup of tea, i tried to stay as close to the games picture of the knife, causing a weak point in the blade and for it to snap, a lot of fun making it. 

I would love all feedback, and sorry i feel like i'm spamming this sub.

I ramble a lot in the video, i'm still trying to get used to talking in them. 

Never played the game but I like the knife from a purely zombie apocalypse, use what you brung, type of perspective... Granted there is an obvious weak point, but in the video you never tempered? Might be why you suffered catastrophic failure...

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 7:31 PM, Gerhard Gerber said:

I have a chart that came with my grinder that may be of use, but TBH I looked at it a few times in the beginning, then you develop a feel.

Just remember that some belts only works when they're going fast, slow speeds rip out the abrasives.

making knives with guards is illegal in Australia, We chose not to temper it as it's more of a prop than a usable knife. 

That would explain the break more than a weak point. A quenched blade without a temper is basically glass waiting to shatter. If your just making props I think I would stop before the quench.

• Like 1