Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Blohm

DC electrical wiring help!?!?

I bought this vacuum blower and after looking everything over I find out it has a DC motor. So I bought a power switching unit and after doing a little digging I find that DC motors are capable of variable speed so I bought a variable speed controller to go with it. Neither of these units came with any wiring instructions and it is proving to be difficult to find the information I need. HELP PLEASE. Even if it is a point in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it!!!Resized_20190309_225329(1).jpegResized_20190309_215724.jpegResized_20190309_224417.jpegResized_20190309_224428.jpeg

my main question is the AC to DC converter. The speed controller is basically self explanatory.

I have a treadmill motor(dc) that I run with a bridge rectifier(changes the AC to DC) and a variable speed router controller. Ive never seen a Ac to DC converter like that 1

• Like 1

white to N black to L pos to positive neg to neg motor to motor pos and neg if it sucks switch the wires put a switch between the controller and the power source some of the cheep controllers can burn out if operated before there at full supply

• Thanks 1

Thank you.....that's what I needed. I'm going to attempt to wire it up after I finish sanding my kitchen cabinets.

Last night I searched and searched for how to wire this thing up and today after one search I found this video. Just goes to show frustration just leads you down a deep hole. Sometimes you just need to take a break and come back to it later on. 

This is going to be perfect for a blown burner in a propane forge....the variable speed works like a charm!!!

Resized_20190310_214907.jpeg

I need to get a different pipe for the burner tube but it would be functional the way it is. Tomorrow I'm building a new forge so I might just change the name of this thread to a forge WIP or something like that.Resized_20190313_181839.jpeg